Provided email has wrong format ERROR

I am trying to update a value in my user Table it was working before but now i gives error
Provided email has wrong format

i do not get it what email has to do with update value in the user table

code::

Backendless.Data.of( BackendlessUser.class ).setRelation(user, "studentInformation", studentInfoCollection,
                                new AsyncCallback<Integer>() {
                                    @Override
                                    public void handleResponse(Integer response) {
                                        user.setProperty( "isVerified", 2 );

Backendless.UserService.update( user, new AsyncCallback<BackendlessUser>()
                                        {
                                            public void handleResponse( BackendlessUser user )
                                            {

submitButtonCardView.setVisibility(View.INVISIBLE);
                                                progressBar.setVisibility(View.INVISIBLE);

startActivity(new Intent(StudentInformationAll.this , StudentProfile.class));

// user has been updated

}

public void handleFault( BackendlessFault fault )
                                            {
                                                progressBar.setVisibility(View.INVISIBLE);
                                                submitButtonCardView.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);
                                                showMessage(somethingWentWrong);
                                                Toast.makeText(StudentInformationAll.this, "Stuck in this shit 1st " + fault.getMessage(), Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
                                                // user update failed, to get the error code call fault.getCode()
                                            }
                                        });
                                        }

@Override
                                    public void handleFault(BackendlessFault fault) {
                                        Toast.makeText(StudentInformationAll.this, fault.getMessage(), Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();

}
                                });

Hello,
Please provide your Application ID and how does the user’s email looks like. Usually, this error

Provided email has wrong format

appears when you’re trying to set incorrect email e.g.

test, test@, test. etc

Regards,
Olha

in my case i just login and then i am filling a form and then i after clicking on submission, what i want is to update a column in User table

it was working well before but now i gives error. it does not make any sense i do not know why i am getting the error. i am not even login just updating a filed in User table for the logged in user

Hi Saad

Could you please share with us the following information

• as @olhadanylova mentioned in the previous comment, what did user email format look like before you changed it in Console?
  • have you tried to reproduce the problem using our REST Console or using another REST service like Postman?

providing your AppId along with steps to reproduce the issue will be very helpful for us to figure out what’s going on there as quickly as it possible

Regards, Vlad

applicationID : 8E3F66A3-828B-5C65-FF7F-E70047E63700

my login email is h@h for testing purpose and using h@h i can successful login but when i update a field in user table then it gives me error

yeah, “h@h” has invalid email format, try this one "h@h.com".

I assume when you are trying to update another property for user object there are present all the user property, try to debug your code and see what properties user object contains before sending it to the server

if that is the case then how I am passing the login API by putting h@h and other … as Idesktop told you it was working fine before

There was a bug with validation value in system “email” column in the Users table, now the validation works as it should, so I can recommend you just fix wrong emails for all your test users by adding “.com” or something else at the end in DevConsole and then for login use right email

if i use h@h for login purpose instead of h@h.com will it give me error ?

sorry, but not sure that I understand your question?
you should use exactly the same email as it is in your user object

well i guess something has change or modified in backendless service now i cannot register using h@h but with h@h.com i can …thank you for pointing out

Yeah, the issue has been fixed a few days ago.
No problem, if you have any other questions we will be happy to help you.

Regards, Vlad