Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Push notification not working

(Mehmet Aktas) #21

Hi Anton,

By the way, I tried to implement all functionalities from the beginning. I can send notifications without setting “publishAt” property but when I set it, I cannot get any notifications. I’ve attached all of my configurations. I really need your help on this.

(Anton Govorushkin) #22

Hi Mehmet,

Still can’t reproduce the problem… Could you please check status of the message you publish with a publishAt parameter?

(Mehmet Aktas) #23

Hi Anton,

The ENUM of status is Scheduled when I use publishAt parameter. Is it possible to check through database or somewhere if I give you the message ID after I publish the notification?

(Anton Govorushkin) #24

That’s not necessary. Try the followings:

1. Publish a message with publishAt parameter to schedule a push notification at current time + 30 seconds
DeliveryOptions deliveryOptions = new DeliveryOptions();
Date publishDate = new Date( System.currentTimeMillis() + 30000 ); // add 30 seconds
deliveryOptions.setPublishAt( publishDate );
  1. Check the message for errors right after publishing, you can do it in Postman, all the necessary collections are already there https://prnt.sc/i5ubs4 (screenshot attached)
  2. Run getMessageStatus API again in 30 seconds after publishing
  3. Share your results here

(Mehmet Aktas) #25

Hi Anton,

I needed to go abroad for a meeting but I saw your reply. I’ll send the requested info as soon as possible and let you know. Thx.

(Mehmet Aktas) #26

Hi again Anton,

I just did what you requested and attached the screenshots. It says “Could not find status…”.

Will be waiting for further instructions,

Best
Mehmet

(Sergey Chupov) #27

The ID should be “message:<number_id>”, not just “<number_id>”. You can see an example on the screenshot Anton attached above.

(Mehmet Aktas) #28

Hi Sergey, I just tried with the message id similar to Anton’s in the screenshot. But the result is same.

(Sergey Chupov) #29

What is your application ID?

(Mehmet Aktas) #30

My App ID is : 706226DA-3A4D-829E-FF92-9733231F4600

(Sergey Chupov) #31

Can you please try to send again and check merely by visiting the following link (having substituted the IDs):

https://api.backendless.com/<application_id>/&lt;REST_API_key&gt;/messaging/&lt;messageId&gt;

(messageId still in form of “message:<ID>”)
This is to make sure we don’t miss anything with invalid configuration values in Postman.

(Mehmet Aktas) #32

I tried, but unfortunately the result is same :frowning:

(Sergey Chupov) #33

Can I test it on your app with some message? Unfortunately I can’t reproduce it on my existing app.

(Mehmet Aktas) #34

How are we going to do that? As long as you only send the notification to my device, there is no problem. How to proceed?

(Sergey Chupov) #35

Sure, I will use the code you provided above, I just need the deviceID for that.

(Mehmet Aktas) #36

OK no problem. My device id is: LGH870DSe6503906

Just please do not send a notification to everyone :slight_smile:

(Sergey Chupov) #37

Thanks, I managed to reproduce the problem with not found status. I’ve created an internal task BKNDLSS-16535 to investigate this further. We shall notify you here as soon as we have any news.

(system) #38

Thanks Sergey for all the support. I’ll be waiting for your update to go further.