Push notification with 'publishAt' property is never delivered

Hey,

I’m using the Javascript API with react native and I’m having an issue using the ‘scheduled push notification’ behaviour. It works perfectly if I specify no delivery time, but if one is added, the message is never received.

Backendless.Messaging.publish(
    "default",
    `You have ${deliveryCount} new messages waiting for you`,
    new Backendless.PublishOptions({}),
    new Backendless.DeliveryOptions({
    publishAt: new Date().getTime() + 60 * 1000,
    })
).then((notification) => {
    console.log("Push notification scheduled", notification);
});

If I take out the PublishOptions & the DeliveryOptions, I receive the push notification straight away.

I’ve tried taking an example message ID that is returned like message:16FB84B2-D9C1-4F88-BBA5-571F4FD0EB21 and using this to look up the message with your API by sending a GET request to:

https://api.backendless.com/APPID/RESTKEY/messaging/message:16FB84B2-D9C1-4F88-BBA5-571F4FD0EB21 but I receive an error:

{"errorMessage":"Could not find status for message with id: message:16FB84B2-D9C1-4F88-BBA5-571F4FD0EB21","messageId":"message:16FB84B2-D9C1-4F88-BBA5-571F4FD0EB21","status":"unknown"}

Can you please let me know what’s going wrong here?

Thanks

Hi @Naaman_Tammuz!
Can you provide your app ID?

Regards, Andriy

Hey sure thing @Andriy_Konoz it’s:

14685B95-4E2B-369B-FF5C-15DF888D9A00

Thanks!

@Naaman_Tammuz we were able to reproduce your problem.

Sorry for inconvenience. Internal ticket BKNDLSS-22011 was created for it. I notify you when fix will be available.

Regards, Andriy

No problem, thanks for the quick response

Hey,

Is there any chance we could get an update on this bug please?

Thanks

Hi @Naaman_Tammuz,

We are working on it and update you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Yevgen

Hey, do you possibly have a timeline as to when this will be looked at please? This is the only thing holding up our beta release

Hi
Do you have any updates on this?
We have the same issue, but with Android. When publishAt is set in deliveryOptions the notifications are not delivered

Thanks
Costi

Hello,

I see the BKNDLSS-22011 is marked as resolved for now. The fix should be released soon (planned for this week), but requires some tests. We’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,
Olha

Hello @Naaman_Tammuz, @Constantin_Craciunescu

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

Hey,

We’ve tested this fix and it works, thank you! Sorry for the delay in replying

Thanks