Push Notifications with huge delay

Hello @Volodymyr_Ialovyi, @olhadanylova and @sergey.kuk,

we tried to send a push notification to one of the already registered devices manually via console by selecting the device-id, but unfortunately without success (app-id B8A35A02-15FC-0E32-FF4F-1F19309FAE00). This worked in the past, so there seems to be a serious issue with sending Push Notifications in your system.

Best regards, Dimitri

Hello @Dimitri_Voelk,

thanks for the info, we are looking into it…

Can you please specify which devices did you send push notifications to - android/ios?

Hello @stanislaw.grin, it was an Android Device.

Thank you, checking it…

Hi, @Dimitri_Voelk

Can we register our devices in your app?

Regards,
Marina

Hi @Marina.Kan,

you can do so, but please don’t send any messages to other devices. It is a LIVE application with ca. 50.000 devices registered for push notifications.

@Dimitri_Voelk, sure, don`t worry and thanks.

Hi, @Dimitri_Voelk

We have changed the server configuration, could you please try again and let us know the result you got?

Regards,
Marina

Hello @Volodymyr_Ialovyi, @olhadanylova and @sergey.kuk, @Marina.Kan,

any progress here? We still can’t send push notifications to Android Devices.

@Dimitri_Voelk

We recently changed the server configuration, could you please try and let us know the result you got? Do you still have issues? What channel do you use for testing?
Please check sending messages to these devices through Firebase. If you send messages through Firebase to all these devices, do you get notifications or is it the same issue there?

Regards,
Marina

@Marina_Rudenko @Dimitri_Voelk
Hello.
On Android, the checkmark for receiving the push messages in the app can still not be saved. Messages are not played on all Android devices known to us.
On iOS, there is still a long delay in some cases.
Unfortunately, the service has been down for so long now that it is hardly acceptable. This is disappointing.
Regards, Timo.

1 Like

Hello,

in general we have three issues here:

1. Huge delay for push notifications (on iOS Devices) → @ Backendless Team: when can this be fixed?

2. Registration for push notifications on Android devices (checkbox for push notifications is disabled) → as described in my post before, there is an issue with the Backendless Android SDK. @ Backendless Team: when can this be fixed or is there any workaround?

3. Receiving push notification on already registered Android devices → @ Backendless Team: could you please write the message ids of triggered push notifications in the application logs? Then we could check the status and debug the errors?

Thanks, Dimitri

1 Like

Hello, @Dimitri_Voelk.

We are currently working on this task, when we have news we will contact you in this thread.

Best Regards, Nikita.

hello @Dimitri_Voelk

1. we have released the fix for apple devices, please check it
  2. for registration we have an internal ticket BKNDLSS-26694
  3. please create an independent topic and describe what log information do you need. Also you can get the status of the message with errors for each device by calling get message status Get Message Status - Backendless REST API Documentation

@Dimitri_Voelk @sergey.kuk
We sent a push message at 14:52.It arrived promptly on 7 of the 14 iOs devices available to us. On 7 devices it has not arrived yet (15:52). Regards, Timo.

Hello @Dimitri_Voelk @Timo_Fratz

we are making progress, but since the issue has a lot of different conditions and variations it requires several iteration of changes. We are preparing an additional round of improvements and plan to deploy in the afternoon

@Dimitri_Voelk @sergey.kuk
hello everyone, is there any progress? We are still unable to send push messages to Android devices. With iOs devices, the delay is still there.
regards, timo

1 Like

Hello @Timo_Fratz

we still working on fix for iOS.

Have you checked the message status for android devices?

Hi @sergey.kuk,
I have tested the function on android devices. I can also give my consent to push messages being sent to me. But as soon as I leave the login page and come back, the hook is no longer there. Messages do not arrive. @Dimitri_Voelk has to answer whether you can see something in the backend. I do not have access.