Rate limit error

I am getting the following error on the free plan:
400 - Maximum request per day limit has been reached for the app. To increase the rate limit move your app on the paid plan. (996)

I only execute about 50 API calls before this limit is reached. Is there another parameter that is causing this? Most of these calls are just testing, so I am not even live yet.

From the image it seems a total execution time might be the culprit, although most of the execution time is waiting for external services to return data. Perhaps there is a more efficient way to make external API calls with several second delays? The 5 second limit is quite limiting in these cases.

Hello @Mark_Wilson1,

Is there another parameter that is causing this?

No, there are no other parameters that are causing this.

Most of these calls are just testing, so I am not even live yet.

I understand your perspective, but from the server-side resources standpoint, there is no distinction between “test” and “production” requests or jobs. Every operation consumes some resources.

From the image it seems a total execution time might be the culprit, although most of the execution time is waiting for external services to return data. The 5 second limit is quite limiting in these cases.

If you’re referencing a limit of Cloud Code execution time, it can be expanded via “Enhanced Script/Code Execution Time (20 sec)” function pack from the Marketplace.

You can find all the Free Plan rate limits here:

I would recommend you switch to the Scale plan. If you are currently in the development stage, the cost will remain low until you start loading the system.

Regards,
Stanislaw