Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Register device deprecated

(zeev mindali) #1

I moved to back endless 5.2.0 in android.
now the register device is deprecated. and the new method don’t ask me GCM anymore.
is it OK

(zeev mindali) #2

still I can not unregister from channel.

getting the error:

2018-11-21 11:29:10.328 14491-14491/com.repocyber.repoapp E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.repocyber.repoapp, PID: 14491
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not unregister device on Backendless server: BackendlessFault{ code: ‘Server.Processing’, message: ‘no transaction is in progress’, detail: ‘no transaction is in progress’, extendedData: ‘{}’ }
at com.backendless.push.BackendlessPushService.onError(BackendlessPushService.java:252)
at com.backendless.push.BackendlessPushService$4.handleFault(BackendlessPushService.java:486)
at com.backendless.async.message.AsyncMessage$FaultHandler.handle(AsyncMessage.java:83)
at com.backendless.async.message.AsyncMessage.handleCallback(AsyncMessage.java:41)
at com.backendless.core.AndroidCarrier$1.handleMessage(AndroidCarrier.java:37)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6682)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1520)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1410)

(Oleg Vyalyh) #3

Solved in slack.
By the way, proceed to use the Firebase Cloud Messaging, because all deprecated methods will be deleted in next version of sdk.

(zeev mindali) #4

how to move to fcm??? where the documentation?

(Mark Piller) #5

Hi Zeev, we made all the changes in the docs. I am waiting for the latest build of the SDK to hit the public maven repository and as soon as it happens, the docs will be updated on the website.

(zeev mindali) #6

the sdk is out :slight_smile:
need the doc to understand

(Mark Piller) #7

It should be version 5.2.1 of the SDK. I do not think it is out yet.

(Mark Piller) #8

Please use Backendless SDK for Android 5.2.1.

The updated documentation is available at:
https://backendless.com/docs/android/push_push_notification_setup_androi.html

Regards,
Mark