Relation deletion

Hello,

I believe I have found out the bug that is related to the DELETE method for the relation maintanence.
I am able to update the relation object through the PUT method but when I am trying to delete the same object from the relation, it fails. As I understand from the guide the PUT/DELETE body and end-point is the same and it should work fine for boths. Right now, while adding new child object I am reciving 1 and while trying to remove it, the response is 0 and there is no update in the db.

Doc reference: https://backendless.com/docs/rest/data_delete_relation_with_object_id.html

Hi Jakub,

Could you please share what the request looks like when you try deleting a relation?

Regards,
Mark

This is the endpoint: /data/UserSavedLists/7B22BE44-CA18-4DD4-83A8-D3409BC43376/restaurant
This is the request payload (this works fine for PUT but not for DELETE):

[
“E67D6830-FF0C-41C3-8467-EE3C53F2E53A”
]

@Inna_Shkolnaya, could you please verify?

Hello @Jakub_Patoleta

I just tested this in my application and using the DELETE method returns the number of child objects that have been removed.
Please provide your APP ID and we will check this case in your application.

Regards,
Inna

Hello @Inna_Shkolnaya the app ID is: F7217991-455B-46B8-886F-505F8B71BEBA

I have added example call that I have tried right now, please let me know whether there is anything I am doing wrong.

Thank you,
Jakub

Hello @Jakub_Patoleta

We have created an internal ticket to resolve this issue
You can reference to it by it’s ID - BKNDLSS-23293

Regards,
Viktor

1 Like

Hello @viktor.liablin

Can you please let me know whether you have any estimation when the fix would be ready for this?

Thanks,
Jakub

Hello @Jakub_Patoleta

The issue has been fixed and now it is on the testing stage, once our QA department verify it we release it.

Regards, Vlad

Hello @Jakub_Patoleta

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna