Required parameters in API service getting reset

Backendless Version (3.x / 6.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

N/A

Application ID

AE4235E1-DBB7-C6F0-FF4A-E0378B0B2B00

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. parameters marked as not required in an API service are not required

Actual Behavior

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is – instead, say “the request returns a 400 error with message XXX”. Copy and paste your logs, and include any URLs.

1. whenever I change some parameters to not required, they are marked as required again when I open the method up to edit.

Reproducible Test Case

N/A

I am trying to set some parameters of an API service method to not-required. I keep adjusting the setting in the UI, but every time I reopen the method settings again the parameters are marked as required once again. Is there some reason why Backendless would be automatically marking these as required?

Hi @Christopher_Manzi1,

We were able to reproduce the issue, an internal trouble ticket - BKNDLSS-32289 - has been created. When the issue is fixed, we will let you know. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Marina

Hi @Christopher_Manzi1,

We have just updated the cloud servers, fixing the issue you described. We apologize that it took so long. If you have the opportunity to test the fix on your side, please let us know.

Regards,
Marina