Resend email confirmation

I’m trying to resend the email confirmation, an error occurred “User account with the email cannot be found. (3104)” but this email exists in dB, but I have the phone number as an identity, not email.
My expectation that this work on identity, so the email must be an identity, cause when I set the phone number it doesn’t come up with errors(it find the user) but nothing happens(cause it’s a phone number not email).

any help?
Regards

Hello @adel_kasno

Please provide your APP ID.

Regards,
Inna

We were able to reproduce your problem.
The internal ticket BKNDLSS-22643 is created, we will let you know about solution.

Regards,
Inna

App Id: 5FB0EA72-A363-4451-FFA5-A56F031D6600

@Inna_Shkolnaya Hey, is there any news?

The problem has been fixed and is being tested in our QA. The fix will appear in the upcoming release (no, we do not have a date for it yet).

Regards,
Mark

Hey @mark-piller any updates?

Hi, @adel_kasno

Sorry for the inconvenience and late response. We are going to make fix on this week.

Regards,
Marina

Hi, @adel_kasno

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Sorry that you had to wait so long time. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Marina

Hey, @Marina.Kan
Thank you, it worked fine, but there is a problem, as I said earlier, the email address isn’t identity, so maybe two or more user use the same email, and I want to confirm the email even if other user using it and already confirmed it.
ex:
user1’s email example@adel.com
user2’s edited his email and set it to example@adel.com
I want to confirm the email.
Error occurred:
found more than one user using example@adel.com

Hello @adel_kasno

I was able to reproduce this behavior.
This is expected behavior.

I created the internal ticket (BKNDLSS-22894) and will discuss with the team to implement the ability to do resend email confirmation not only by email but also by identity, so it will look like this: Backendless.Users.resendEmailConfirmation ( userIdentity )

@Volodymyr_Ialovyi Yes that what I was thinking of, in my case the phone number is an identity, so it will be something like getting a user email where phone=“XXXXXXXXX” and send a confirmation email for it, and it should make the userStatus EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_PENDING for this specific user only(not for all who use this email)
I hope you can do it guys.
Regards

@Volodymyr_Ialovyi Hey mate, how are you?
Any news about this:

Hello @adel_kasno

The ticket is in the Code Review stage. It will appear in the next releases. We will let you know when it is available.

Regards,
Inna

ok can you please if possible, reply here when it’s released @Inna_Shkolnaya

Hi, @adel_kasno

We’ve just updated our cloud servers with a fix for you. Please verify whether everything works fine now.

Regards,
Marina

@Marina.Kan another problem occurred:
400 - Found more than one user with this email ‘adellkanso@gmail.com’ (3118)
In my case, more than one user can have the same email.
Any solution?
I want to send email confirmation to a user who has a phone XXXXXXXXX.

Hi, @adel_kasno

We have made changes now

resendEmailConfirmation (identity)

method works on user`s identity. Now you can use this method it works well, if there is more than one user with the same email.
Error you described above can be achieved by initiating the method createEmailConfirmation
for now this method works on User’s email. We already have in our roadmap a point of changing this method on identity. These changes will be in our next releases.
For now, please, use resendEmailConfirmation method, as I said earlier, it works with identity.

Regards,
Marina

Thank you @Marina.Kan, yes resendEmailConfirmation working as expected the problem is with createEmailConfirmation, I need it to work with identity.
Do you know when it will be released? and please inform me when it is released.

@adel_kasno this ticket is in highest priority for us now, we are trying to release it as soon as possible. We will inform you, when it will be on production. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Marina

1 Like