REST deep-save

Backendless Version (3.x / 5.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

REST

Application ID

028478E5-1D0D-013B-FF2C-05D67BCC6B00

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1.Using Postman call /data/TABLENAME/deep-save with a json body of nested json object. Im expecting for the TABLENAME to be created and then all the nested Tables to be created and all data saved.

Actual Behavior

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is – instead, say “the request returns a 400 error with message XXX”. Copy and paste your logs, and include any URLs.

1.{
“code”: 8002,
“message”: “Could not parse request with message: , status code 404, headers POST /028478E5-1D0D-013B-FF2C-05D67BCC6B00/68BA6AEC-8711-4991-84FC-FC5AD5CFFE04/data/incident/deep-save”,
“errorData”: {}
}

Little more detail:
Postman POST to https://willedgrape.backendless.app/028478E5-1D0D-013B-FF2C-xxxxxx/68BA6AEC-8711-4991-84FC-xxxxxx/data/incident/deep-save with large nested json body.

Error
{
“code”: 6037,
“message”: “You are trying to interact with ‘File Service’ and missed required param ‘url’ or you used wrong URL for interact with other Backendless service.”,
“errorData”: {}
}

Could you please provide the full json payload which you send to the backendless server.

Here is my test incident record, thanks for helping.
Incident_single.txt (131.2 KB)

Im looking for a REST version and a Node JS SDK version of importing this json into the Backendless database.

Hi Chris,

The Deep-Save API requires that a schema is pre-created in the database. Have you already done that?

Regards,
Mark

Ok - I have created a Person table and an Address table and have used deep-save to populate both tables using the JS SDK. Works well.
https://backendless.com/docs/js/data_deepsaveoverview.html

const person = {
name: ‘Bob’,
homeAddress: {
city : ‘aaaaa’,
}
}

If I change “homeAddress” to homeAddress12345" the save works but I dont get an error stating that “homeAddress12345” dont exist. Is there a way to be notified of missing tables using deep-save?

Also - If I run deep-save with a missing field (non relationship table) I get this error - as expected

message: “Deep save exception. Column ‘name2’ in table ‘Person’ does not exists. All tables and columns must be present in the database before a transaction is executed.”,

But for missing relation fields - i dont get any error.

Hi @Chris_Jackson !

Sorry for inconvenience. I have created internal ticket BKNDLSS-25843 for this problem. We will notify you when this problem will be fixed.

Regards, Andriy