Retrieve and update object

Hey guys, I’ve been reading posts and am looking to clarify the recommended method to retrieve and update an object…
The “get first/last object from table” seems like it would be rare use as opposed to “get object with where clause”, is there a function to get a specific object using a where clause?
Assuming not, then one has to use load table objects, which then returns an array that based on the support posts confuses most.
So assuming there is no get specific object function, I can use the load table objects to retrieve records, and then assuming I performed the where clause correctly and only have one record in the list, how do I access the values in it?
Retrieving the object:

Then how do I bind the content logic to the field I want to display a specific value from the retrieved object? Note - there is a name property inside the guestObject response that I’m after.
Tks

Hi Joel,

This would do it. Notice I set the page size argument to 1 to minimize the amount of data returned back:
UI Builder - ConsoleDemo - Backendless 2022-08-23 17-43-46

To bind the content logic, you would need to use data binding. To learn more about data binding, see the docs or the video training materials:

Docs: Data Binding - Backendless UI Builder Developer Guide
Video: https://youtu.be/oPNmza17zso

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark, good to go :+1: