Retrieving objectId of a relation column

I’m trying to replicate what Mark did here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUi_o2RywrY&list=PLWRqDbbT5r9CJlZrWlGrQOZSZ5mxUK1Zf&index=3

Everything is working fine except for the retrieval of the Country linked to the City.

Here’s the codeless block for “on-page enter”:

Just to give you all data points, the name of the Relation is indeed “Country”:

In the UI, I have a container (dynamic data enabled) with two cells in a row:

The “City” input field is correctly retrieving the City Name from the Container Data Object.

The “Country” input field, however, is not working, and I think it’s because I miss a block. Here’s the current codeless logic there:

I don’t see any “Row1 Data” as instructed in the video. There’s only the container data, which is retrieving the City table only, so it makes sense that this doesn’t work.

I re-watched the last part of the video 5 times but I can’t spot what I’m doing wrong. And I’m really sorry about this question, I’m sure it’s something silly, but I’m trying to learn this tool ASAP bc I really like it :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

Could you please let me know your application ID, name of the UI container and the name of the page? I’d like to take a look at it in the app itself.

Regards,
Mark

App ID: 78E4937E-DF39-EAFF-FFA0-22E5B041E300

UI Container: default

Name of the page: database-integration

Did you mean here or in DM?

Thanks!
Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

I made some fixes and it works now. The biggest problem was here:

The name of the column in the Country table is name (not Name as you had it in the logic).

Also, I removed some empty logic handlers. Here:

and here:

Regards,
Mark

1 Like