Return to list item from detail view

Hello,

it’s a pretty standard set up: There is a list of items. Clicking on one of the items gets the detailed view of the item.

How can I return to the full list view to the item which was clicked?

I always return to the top of the list. I tried with two pages, the list page and the detail page. And with two blocks on one page. Same result.

Thank you and best regards,

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

Is the list view paged? Or long-scroll? Do you need to return the page that contains the item that was clicked or scroll to that item in the list view. Please clarify.

Regards,
Mark

Hi @mark-piller

it is a long-scroll list. Simply loading items from a data base table into a list consisting of blocks. I yet have to include the logic to load a set of records and load more when the user gets to the end of the previous loads. (if you could point me to how to accomplish that behavior it would be much appreciated).

To answer your question, I would like to scroll to that item in the list view, where I started the detail view from.

Joerg

Hello @Joerg

If I clearly understand what you need, is adding new items to the existing list of blocks.

You can do it, with Dynamic List Behavior of component Block

Or Data binding and lists.

The main idea of this is to get items of the old list, retrieve new items, and combine this information into a new list, what be the source of data for your long-scroll list of blocks

Here example of logic, and a small playground.

Regards, Dima

UPD:

You need is native JavaScript method scrollIntoView , now it’s not implemented, but I created an internal ticket (BKNDLSS-23145) - and we add this function to UI Builder in future releases.

What about loading content when the user comes to the bottom of the page, you can use Block handler On Scroll with Scroll Bottom codeless block, what shows how many pixels you may scroll to the bottom of this element.

Example:

Regards, Dima

Thanks, @Dima

guess what I need is indeed the scrollIntoView method. Where can I see the status of the internal ticket?

Joerg

Hello, @Joerg.

Unfortunately, you cannot view the status of a ticket. To do this, you need to contact the forum, and you will definitely be answered.
This task has not been completed yet, we have raised the priority of this ticket.

Regards, Nikita.