Root domain adding as custom domain

I am building web app that is hosted on Backendless servers. So I need to add custom domain for this app.
I fallowed instructions and add CNAME record in DNS for domains WWW part. But I get some complains from client that he have some problems to open app page.
So I tray figuring this out and result is that client is writing just root domain in browser (example.com, domain without WWW part) so he get to page that can’t be found.

My name server does not allow add CNAME record to DNS and when I did quick Google search I found that CNAME record can’t be added to root domain (ok technically there is no restrictions, but there is DNS rules that don’t allow this, so name server don’t allow this).

I found that is possible use *.example.com that allow add CNAME records to anything goes before dot, but really don’t know will this cower root domain without anything before domain name.

So I added CNAME record that points to Backendless server to *.example.com just to try will it work, but when I try add custom domain in Beckendless console it shows error – when I add just root domain example.com I get error that there is no correct CNAME record, when I add *.example.com I get error that domain name is invalid.

I also try to add CNAME record to *.example.com that points to www.example.com, there is feeling that this almost worked – on my machine it opened page that get JSON as response with error that app (example.com) is not found, so I think it get to Beckendless server (but not quit sure, because it was on my machine didn’t get to try on fresh machine that never opened page).
Try adding A record to root domain that points to Beckendless server IP address – the usual way (point A record to server, and the rest is configured on server, like which is main domain with or without WWW part, and server does all redirection).

How can I add root domain to Beckendless console? Or redirect root domain to WWW domain using DNS. This is really important no one really write WWW in front of domain, when entering address in browser.

AppID: D4CCAAD3-B12C-BA88-FF35-018BE6FE1500

We use CNAME as it directs to the domain name and not IP.
You may use A record (and thus the root record) with the IP of our server, but we can not guarantee, that the IP will be unchanged. So you are responsible that your A record looks at the correct IP.

Or redirect root domain to WWW domain using DNS.

We can say nothing about that, because it is an area of responsibility of the particular DNS registrator/provider.

I can advise look at the AWS or CloudFlare.
Or try to check, maybe your DNS provider can offer the same service (i mean several IPs on the same domain name).

I have found solution for this issue, but of course it is not the right way to do this. I get hosting which gives me IP address that points to server that redirects it to https://www.example.com and right now it’s looks like it work.

I hope in future you will think about easy and straightforward way to add root domain to app that is hosted on your server.

As i said above – A record points to the IP. It is the rule of DNS provider. We do not serve DNS records.