Scheduled Push Notifications not delivered

Hi
Our app stopped receiving scheduled push notifications but it does receive ones sent from backenless online console. Also when checking for message status using postman we get Relogin user to update your user token I performes several logout for all users but no luck. Any ideas what might cause this?

Backendless Version (3.x / 6.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

Android

Application ID

E27B10A2-C4B9-A5A6-FF6A-AB65CBE35A00

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. Receive scheduled push notifications

Actual Behavior

1. App stopped receveing push notifications scheduled from code (kotlin)
  2. Push Notifications sent from backendless online console are delivered
  3. Checking for message status with Postman returns

{

"code": 3064,

"message": "**Not existing user token - 3122ADE1-CE3C-375A-FF8E-BA20840F7700. Relogin user to update your user token",**

"errorData": {}

}

Reproducible Test Case

val publishDate = Date(System.currentTimeMillis() + 30000) // add 30 seconds

val deliveryOptions = DeliveryOptions()
  deliveryOptions.publishPolicy = PublishPolicyEnum.PUSH
  deliveryOptions.pushSinglecast = listOf("e48e07235579072d") 
  deliveryOptions.publishAt = publishDate 

val publishOptions = PublishOptions()
  publishOptions.putHeader("android-ticker-text", "")
  publishOptions.putHeader("android-content-title", "Reminder")
  publishOptions.putHeader("android-content-text", "")

val status: MessageStatus = Backendless.Messaging.publish("MotoCareReminder",
      "Test",
      publishOptions,
      deliveryOptions)

Thanks
Costi

UPDATE:
We just noticed the issue occurs only when deliveryOptions publishAt is set
Any help is apreciated

Thanks
Costi

Hi @Constantin_Craciunescu!

Sorry for inconvenience. Problem with scheduled push-notifications is known to us and we already created fix for it. It will be available with next release which we expecting to have on the next week.

About problem with authorization. Did you have it only when checking status for scheduled push-notifications?

Regards, Andriy

Hi Andriy,
Thanks for the update.
Yes, the Relogin user message occurs when checking for message status and I did not see it anywhere else so far

Thanks,
Costi

@Constantin_Craciunescu,I was unable to reproduce authorization problem in my app.

Can you share Postman request which you used? You can export it as cURL request. Before posting it here, remove from it your API key and just specify key type.

Regards, Andriy

Here it is

curl --location --request GET ‘https://api.backendless.com/E27B10A2-C4B9-A5A6-FF6A-AB65CBE35A00/API_KEY/messaging/74591EFA-B3DE-4153-9FC2-5489EBEF09C1
–header ‘user-token: 1727DE7A-728B-4A39-88DB-2F94851F06D4’

@Constantin_Craciunescu, just tried to execute your request with REST API key from your app and user-token that you have provided and it executed without any problems with authorization.
I got next response:

{
“errorMessage”: “Could not find status for message with id: 74591EFA-B3DE-4153-9FC2-5489EBEF09C1”,
“messageId”: “74591EFA-B3DE-4153-9FC2-5489EBEF09C1”,
“status”: “unknown”
}

Could you, please, check again if problem still occurs for ypur app?

Regards, Andriy

Hi Andryi
I have updated the user token with new login and triggered a new push wihout publishAt delivery option

The message was delivered and postman now return correct answer

{

"errorMessage": "Could not find status for message with id: 3D163DB9-23B3-440B-BC1B-678CE8DCF1D4",

"messageId": "3D163DB9-23B3-440B-BC1B-678CE8DCF1D4",

"status": "unknown"

}

How can we check the status of publishAt issue? Will there be an anoucement somewhere?
Thanks for all your help

Costi

@Constantin_Craciunescu, we let you know when fix will be released by writing here.

Regards, Andriy

Hello @Constantin_Craciunescu

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

Hello,
We tested with short range dates (i.e. now + 30 seconds,now + 5 minutes) and it seems to be working. We’ll keep an eye on what shoud be delivered following days and let you know if there are still issues

Thank you
Costi