Schema advice for questionaire app

I am trying to build a questionaire type app. There are several questionaire forms, but less than 10 different ones. All questionaires follow the same form, with each question belonging to a certain topic (not the same topics across all questionaires), and each topic has a fixed number of questions, 5. In total, the number of questions is 70 per questionaire, so we are also thinking of splitting it up in e.g. 5 questions per “page” on the frontend.

For each response, I want to keep track of the median for each topic. The questions should be asked “mixed”, so that there could be questions from topic A open after several saves to the database. , In addition, I want to trackwhen all questions have been answered.

When there are enought answers to each questionaire, I want to also create a trend for each topic, so that we have a median score.

How would you go about designing this as a schema in Backendless? Is it wise to have each question as a separate entity, with topics as an entity and the questionaire as one, or is it a better approach to have all in one table or something in between?

Thanks for all help/answers :slight_smile:

Hello @Egil_Helland

I recommend that you try different options and decide which one is more suitable for you. It could be several tables, depending on the question page, where each column will correspond to a specific question, there will also be a column that will be linked to the user. You will be able to combine all the results of the different tables for 1 user using a view. The view contains many tools to display the data according to the required conditions.

Alternatively, you can install a Multi Step Form blueprint. There just presents a questionnaire in the UI-builder and then saves the answers to the database.

Regards,
Inna