Select block gives warning in browser console

I have a select block

with the following on change event

this works as expected. The issue is when I need to “clear” the select IE show nothing as selected.

so I added a value logic

this allows me to clear the select ( from a button click event) by setting trace_operation in page data to “”

but now I see the warning in console.

this is what the app is doing. when we enter the page the select is in a “cleared” state EI none of its 4 choices are selected.

then the user makes a selection

they hit the button below which stores this information in a page data property and
then sets “trace_operation” in page data to “” which clears the selection so it goes back to nothing selected as shown in the first image.

how can i do this without also generating the error in the console. I know this is the cause of the error because when I removed the value bock, the error stopped but then I could not “clear” the selection

thanks,
H

Hi @hharrington

Thanks for sharing the issue!
In your use case, there is nothing criminal, it’s definitely a valid approach.
The problem with the warning message is on our side and it’s going to be fixed today.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience!

Regards,
Vlad

That is awesome! Thank you so much.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I did encounter the same issue with input blocks as well.

H

update: it is happening with input blocks and also seems to not work at all with them, where the select block gave the warning but did work.

H

I am still seeing this warning message on my select block and my input block.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thanks,

H

Hello @hharrington!

Thank you for your willingness to help, but you’ve already provided all the necessary information.
We’ll be resolving this issue very soon and we’ll notify you in this thread.

Regards,
Alexander