Select component - open status

Hello,
I am using a select component with dynamic options definition. I would like the select comonent to open automatically as soon as one option is available (so that the user can see all options at one galnce, without having to click on the select component first). Anyway to that?

kind regards
Mark

I am trying to understand what it would be like from the user experience. You visit a page or a mobile screen with such component, stay on the page and then suddenly the select component opens?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks for your immediate reply! To give some background info: I want the user to be able to input an ‘ingredient’ in an input-field (ingredients are in a database and the corresponding ones show-up as user starts typing). This works fine, based on the examples you gave in tutorial.
The user than has to be able to select one of the corresponding ingredients in a select-field. At the moment, my select-field shows the first corresponding ingredient, while it would be better form UX perspecitve that all (or some) of the corresponding ingredients would be shown (which is now only the case when the user clicks on the select field). So the options of the select-field should be visible immediately and not only after clicking the field…
Hope that makes sense to you.
kind regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

I checked if it is even possible in a browser outside of the UI Builder programming model. Turns out there is no universal browser support to open Select programmatically. You can see a few relevant discussions here:

I recommend changing the UI to show a list from where the user can select a corresponding ingredient.

Regards,
Mark

Ok Mark, thanks for the reply!