Select Component UI error

Hi,

When using the Select component, the selected value is not displayed in the select box. The logic works correctly, but the UI is not displaying correctly, it was working prior to the most recent update.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.06.12

Once option is selected, it does not display selected option
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.06.02

Thanks for your support

Hi @Farid,

we’re looking into it.

Regards,
Stanislaw

I’m not able to reproduce it. How do you set the value to the select?

The values are taken from a database table.

And what is the logic underneath? I would happy to assist you, but it’s very hard to do without any details of how you implemented this.
Do you have any logic in onChange event?
From where do you take value of the select? Not options, but the value.

In options logic - I am getting the values and labels from my database table
In Value logic I am using the value, which has been selected to calculate anothe value.
All the logic is working as expected
The issue is, the selected label will not appear in the select component on screen.

Thanks for your support

I’ve created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-23667 to resolve this issue.
Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hello @Farid

Could you please create a new page with a minimum number of components that reproduces the problem and please provide us with your APP_ID and the container/page names

Regards, Vlad

Hi @vladimir-upirov,

Happy new year to you.
I have recreated the scenario.
APP ID = 1DB29D6D-B0AF-C6AC-FFAB-F383421A0C00
Container = Testing
Page = select

From what I can see the selected value disappears as soon as you add some logic to it. If you remove the logic the chosen option displays just fine

Thanks

Hello @Farid

I just checked your logic, and actually, it works correctly.
When you add logic for Select Value Logic you have to return the current value, because if you do not return anything it doesn’t change the current value in the UI. I’ve fixed the logic and it works now.

The “Value Logic” is designed for getting the current value somewhere outside of the parent data model.

Also if you want to add logic on changing the select value there is an “On Change Event”, I would recommend you to this one.

Regards, Vlad

@vladimir-upirov

OK, so value needs to to be returned. Thank you.

In my actual app I am now actually using On Change Event, but how can I access the label of the select component rather than the actual value. I have tried using get select options but that just returns undefined?

Thanks

I’m not sure I understand your question

On the previous screenshots you get current value, didn’t you?
why do you need to get the component label in the logic?

I wanted to compare the selected option to do some further calculations, but I will use objectId to make the comparison instead.

Thanks