Send Email

Good Day all,

In my minds eye if a test email as successfully been sent from the template section, there would be enough settings for the following scenario depicted to work. I have tried to send as little data as possible just so that i have a starting point. Nothing has worked so far.

Please advise if I have misunderstood something.

Your Advise as always is apprecaited.

Kind Regards,
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Just to confirm - have you configured your own SMTP server in the Manage > AppSettings > Email section of Backendless console?

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I have set up my Email, but have also tried with the backendless default.

Regards,
Raymond

SendEmail block requires an external SMTP server, if that had been verified, it should work.

Try putting the SendEmail block inside of the Try/Catch block and log/display the error (if it occurs), there maybe more clues there. Additionally, check if the error went to spam.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I tried it with a low security gmail account and it worked first time.

Not sure why its not accepting the gandi server however no matter will just continue with gmail for now.

Thanks

Hello @Raymond_Woodley ,

Also, I have created an internal issue BKNDLSS-25073 to add a block to get message status like for JS SDK Get Message Status - Backendless SDK for JavaScript API Documentation

Hi, @Raymond_Woodley

We have added the new block Get Message Status to the Codeless. It can be found in the Messaging API section:

Regards,
Marina

1 Like