Session timeout exception thrown when trying to retrieve data

Hi @Nikita_Fedorishchev

Unfortunately I still get the error. I added a zip with a video that shows what I do. Hope it helps.

session_timout_clip.zip (2.3 MB)

1 Like

I will install a newer version of Unity and try again.

Hello, @Joey_Fladderak.

I still don’t understand what your problem is. As far as I understood, you activated the timeout. After 10 seconds, the user token becomes invalid. And you need to re-login. I think this is expected behavior.

NET 4.x - TestDataService - Windows, Mac, Linux - Unity 2021.3.6f1 Personal DX11 2022-07-22 13-59-52.zip|attachment (6.5 MB)

Code of my simple test project with many logs:

try
    {
      Debug.Log( "Find Processing..." );
      var findRes = Backendless.Data.Of( "TestTable" ).Find()[ 0 ];
      Debug.Log( "Find completed. Result: " + findRes[ "objectId" ] );

Debug.Log( "//////////////////////\nChecking Current User...." );
      var resCurUser = Backendless.UserService.CurrentUser;

if( resCurUser != null )
      {
        Debug.Log( "Current User result: " + resCurUser.Email );
      }
      else
      {
        Debug.Log( "Current User is null. Reloggining...." );
        var resLog = Backendless.UserService.Login( "hdhdhd@gmail.com", "123234", true );
        Debug.Log( "Login completed. User Result: " + resLog.Email );
      }

Debug.Log( "Trying to get data with logged in user..." );
      var findLoggedIn = Backendless.Data.Of( "TestTable" ).Find()[ 0 ];
      Debug.Log( "Task is completed. Result date of creation: " + findRes[ "created" ] );

}
    catch( Exception ex )
    {
      Debug.Log( "ERRRRRROOOOOORRR: " + ex.Message );

Debug.Log( "Logout..." );
      Backendless.UserService.LoginStorage.DeleteFiles(); // Also u can just call Backendless.UserService.Logout();

Debug.Log( "Loggin for new user session..." );
      var resLog = Backendless.UserService.Login( "hdhdhd@gmail.com", "123234", true );
      Debug.Log( "Login completed. User Result: " + resLog.Email );

Debug.Log( "Trying to get data with logged in user..." );
      var findRes = Backendless.Data.Of( "TestTable" ).Find()[ 0 ];
      Debug.Log( "Task is completed. Result date of creation: " + findRes[ "created" ] );
    }

Best Regards, Nikita.

There was a problem with the fact that it was not possible to re-login the user. Due to the fact that the User token was not cleared, but I fixed it recently. Now everything seems to work as expected.

Hi @Nikita_Fedorishchev

The problem is that I want to call

IList<Springloop.BackendlessData.Games> loadedGames = await Backendless.Data.Of<Springloop.BackendlessData.Games>().FindAsync();

Regardless if a user is logged in or not. Before I log in with a user, that call works just fine (no user logged in). When I log in with a user, it works fine as well (user is logged in)

Now, after 10 seconds, when the session of the logged in user is expired, I am suddenly not allowed to call that line again (session expired) and this is not the behaviour I expect.

I am allowed to call that line when no user is logged in, but not when a session is expired.

This is expected behavior. The token has been expired on the server, it is no longer valid. But since stayLoggedIn = true in the sdk. The sdk still sends this token to the server. Because of this, a timeout error is returned. When the session has been expired just call this line:
Backendless.UserService.LoginStorage.DeleteFiles();

Alright, I will try that. For me it was unexpected behaviour as I treated the call as not user related because I can call it without being logged in.

It didn’t really make sense that the call would stop working after a session was expired if I would also be able to call it without being logged in, but I guess it’s a technical design.

So I guess I could check with Backendless.UserService.IsValidLogin() is the session is still valid and if not, call Backendless.UserService.LoginStorage.DeleteFiles();

1 Like

Yes, you can make requests if the token is null. But as soon as it is invalid, an error will be returned to you.

1 Like

Alright, sorry for the headache this must’ve caused! But good to know this is the expected behaviour.

Your work is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like