Setting the selected option for Autocomplete Component

Hello, I am using the Autocomplete Component from the marketplace. I can define the list of options, but I couldn’t find a way do two things:

1. Set one of the option as selected
  2. Get the value of the option that’s been selected

For (2), I am currently using a workaround to check the “on change” value to see if it matches an option within the list.

Help will be much appreciated!

Hello, @Bob_Leung.

We will try to add this functionality as soon as possible. Tha task was delegated to the developer.

Regards, Nikita.

That would be fantastic. Thank you.

Hi, @Bob_Leung !

We are happy to announce that the “Autocomplete” component has been updated to the 2.1.0 version with a new Logic handler and actions. You already can try it on the Marketplace or Update your actual component to the last version in your App.

Happy Codeless Coding!

That is awesome! I will check it out for sure!

Hey Backendless Team - I finally had a chance to test the updated AutoComplete new actions and noticed a small issue.

Here’s a short video to demostrate:

Hope this helps.

I just did further tests and in fact even if I add a wait of 1ms after the “set value” before trying to get the value, then the correct value is obtained. So there’s clearly a very easy workaround, but just might be confusing for people if they happen to have a function that set and get value of the autocomplete immediately after each other.

@Bob_Leung ,

You should use autocomplete actions to get values of autocomplete instead of regular event handlers.

Could you please try them and write me back about results?

Regards, Andriy

Hi, I am still not consistently able to get the values using the the autocomplete actions yet. However, I have yet to fully debug and see if it’s something I am doing wrong or what. Will come back to you once I have figured this out.