Social login with Google Login + Appgyver

Hi there, that’s my first time here and bear in mind that I’m not a developer.

The main issue I’d like to solve is redirected to Appgyver users using the social login Google.

What’s the behaviour expected:

1. User opens the native mobile app or the website on the browser
  2. User clicks on login with Google Account
  3. User logs in
  4. Backendless redirect back to my app with the user credentials.

Until item 3, it works really well, but I can’t make it work the number 4. I’ve read the documentation and also other posts but still didn’t manage to make it redirect to my app with the users’ credentials.

Sorry, I’m a Designer and don’t know much about these technical issues.

Hi @Helio_Costa !

Welcome to our community.
Unfortunatelly at the current moment there is no configuration option available for such behavior. I have creanted internal ticket BKNDLSS-26015 to add support for redirects to OAuth Provider configuration.

The easiest way is to write custom service which will receive callback from Google, manually call real Backendless callback URL and return make redirect to your page.

This service can be implemented using Codeless in “Business Logic” section. If you have any questions related to the implementation of such service ask them here and I will try to help you.

Regards, Andriy

1 Like

Hi @Andriy_Konoz,
Thanks for your answer.

I’ve tried to use the Business Logic called After Auth Login, however, I didn’t find how to redirect to my page. Could you help me with that, please?

Thanks,

@Helio_Costa !

You need to write custom service for your case and specify URL to it in Google app instead of callback URL which you took from Google Auth Provider tab.
“After Auth Login” event handler will not help you there since event handlers are executed by Backendless and they do not return explicit results.

Regards, Andriy

Hi @Andriy_Konoz , Thank you for your help again.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but, how to write this custom service? Is there any sort of snippets that I could use? Would be possible to use Codeless?

I’m a bit lost, sorry.

@Helio_Costa ,

Unfortunatelly there is no snipped or example of such service.
It will be better for you to wait for the next release in which we will add support for redirects (BKNDLSS-26015).

Meanwhile, if you interested in learning how to write your own custom logic whith Backendless Codeless you can check our documentation about it API Services Overview - Backendless Codeless Development Guide

Sorry for inconvenience

Regards, Andriy

@Andriy_Konoz Is there any plan for when this feature will be released?

Would you suggest any alternative?

Hi @Helio_Costa !
Sorry for delay with this feature. It is currently checked by our QA team and will be included in next release which we expecting to have on the next week. Our team will reach you when it will be available on the production.

Would you suggest any alternative?

The only alternative at the current moment is to write custom callback endpoint using Backendless CloudCode custom service. It requires knowledges about how Google OAuth Login works and can be tricky.

I would recommend you to wait for release. Again, sorry for inconvenience.

Regards, Andriy

Thanks, @Andriy_Konoz . I’m going to wait for the next release.

Was Google OAuth ever implemented? I see it was meant to be this time last year.

Yes, it was implemented quite some time ago:
https://backendless.com/docs/rest/users_oauth2.html

Is there any documentation specifically on implementing this with AppGyver? I am brand new to the platform so I was hoping to follow along while setting it up for the first time.

We do not have AppGyver-specific instructions. The API is REST-based, as long as appgyver can make rest calls, configuring per our general configuration should work.

Regards,
Mark