Backendless Version

backendless: 5.9.4
backendless-react-native: 0.1.4

Client SDK

Android

Application ID

D24CBE9E-09B0-1A8C-FF9A-293720B9DB00

Behaviour

I’ve tested sending the notifications using the Backendless panel and the API method. I don’t have a great sample of devices, but there was some strange behaviours.

The notifications were delivered as the expected to almost all devices by the 2 methods. But in 3 of them the devices only received the message generated by the API and 4 of the devices didn’t receive any notification.

The coincidence in this group that didn’t receive any message is 3 of the devices are Samsung with Android 10.

I’ve saw some recommendations in others topics like adding “android-ticker-text”, “android-content-title” and “android-content-text”, but this didn’t make any difference.

The count of Push Messages in the panel increased after the command showing that the message was sent, the question is only to understand why is not reaching all the devices and if there is any acessible log to verify.

Regards

Hello @Roberio_Lima

The internal ticket (BKNDLSS-22730) has been created. Your problem will be investigated and fixed as soon as possible.

Hi @Roberio_Lima,

Could you please send a push notification targeting specifically a device where it previously failed and after you send a push notification use this API to check the status of delivery?

Regards,
Mark

Hi @mark-piller,

I sent to one of the those failed devices and I received this response:
{
errorMessage: null,
messageId: ‘message:C450D68C-B90C-4233-AEFE-F74B2843E0B6’,
}

I tried 3 times using the axios of the node.js and I received the same response:
{
errorMessage:
‘Could not find status for message with id: message:C450D68C-B90C-4233-AEFE-F74B2843E0B6’,
messageId: ‘message:C450D68C-B90C-4233-AEFE-F74B2843E0B6’,
}

Hello, @Roberio_Lima

Thanks for the additional information. This will help us investigate the problem. I will write you about the results as soon as I get something on this issue.

Regards,
Inna

Hi @Roberio_Lima

I tried my best but I couldn’t reproduce the issue.
I tested different approaches:
via Backendless Console and via API. With real and emulated devices. With different Android versions.
Also I tested push notifications with real Samsung device with Android 10. Everything works fine.
I can suggest you to reinstall the app on your devices. Sometimes cache can be the cause of the problem. Also you can clear the RN cache by running

cd android
./gradlew clean

Hope it helps you.

Best Regards,
Maksym

Thanks, @Maksym_Khobotin!

I’ve already did this gradlew cleaning process a lot lol
I will try to send the notifications again even because I couldn’t too reproduce this issue in my devices.
It was something related by some users that tested the app. Maybe is somekind of conflict in my app and the Android version of those devices specifically.
The difficult part is discover what is

Regards,
Roberio

I think it can be some kind of regression.
I would recommend your users to reinstall the app.

Best Regards,
Maksym