Spring REST template with event handler?

Hi, I am trying to write an event handler for User Register event. I want to assign the proper role as soon as some one register. for that i am trying to override ‘afterRegister’ method. in this i need to call ‘assignRole’ REST api. i am just wondering can i use spring REST Template to call this API? is it possible to add any external JAR/library to custom business logic? I am going to try and will revert with experience but before that i just wanted to ask. Thanks for help.

Hi Shahnaz.

Yes, you can use third party libraries in custom business logic code. Any additional jars must be placed into the /libs directory of the CodeRunner distribution. When you deploy the code using CodeRunner, it will automatically package additional libraries.

Keep in mind that there is a limit on the total deployment size in the free tier of Backendless.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark. is it possible to provide CodeRunner distribution as Maven on Gradle project so that one can easily add 3rd party libraries as dependencies?

Not with the current version, however, we support for Maven/Gradle is on the roadmap.

Regards,
Mark