Springboard no longer enabled

I have been slow to start serious learning but now that I have been getting up to speed with your database integration tutorial I am getting to the point of understanding. Tried successfuly several times without referring to the tutorial but my last attempt results in :
“The API request has been rejected because it requires scaling for processing. Switch to the Cloud9 or Cloud99 plan to enable the Super Scaling option.”

What has changed with my springboard access ?.

Hi, @David_Duncan

The Springboard plan was introduced to help developers to create their apps - during development of app they do not pay for service except “one-time” payment for Springboard. It doesn’t provide SuperScalling option.
SuperScaling is the engine that makes it possible to handle API and console traffic that is more than used for development. It is a complex system that allocates server-side resources to make sure that all requests are handled as fast as possible. Without super scaling, processing of requests is limited by several factors. This includes any or all of the following:

• How many requests are handled at a time
  • How many requests are handled in total
  • How many users use the system at the same time or over time.

Basically, one of the main rules (but not the only one) is if SuperScaling is not enabled, your app will fail and may get blocked as soon as you start putting some kind of pressure on the backend AND/OR use it from multiple devices/computers. At the end of the day list of used locations will be reset.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina

This was not a problem before and curently is only using your simple City database with listing only the cities by Name. I am the only user. Can you see from my account where the springboard limits have been exceeded please.

Your no code system has great potential but I would have to progress quite a bit further to get confidence in this being suitable for my app idea.

Thanks
Dave

@David_Duncan

Your Internet Service Provider (or if you use a VPN, it may be the problem) may be using dynamic IP addresses. Please make sure that you have the static IP. If it has dynamic IP, you may stuck with the SuperScaling, because it can consider different IPs as different clients. SuperScaling allows your app to use more power of our servers for serving your clients.

Regards,
Marina

I am not using a VPN and just the standard ISP supply which normally does not include a static IP address. Do most of your springboard users have static IP addresses ?.

Is this the problem that you see from my account or is it an assumption ?.

Thanks
Dave

@David_Duncan

Do most of your springboard users have static IP addresses ?

The problem is, as I wrote above, if you use dynamic IPs, you may encounter blocking from our system if you are on the Springboard plan.

Our system detected the following IPs from your account during the day:

1) "62.24.151.227"
 2) "88.104.234.235"
 3) "62.24.138.18"
 4) "62.24.151.229"
 5) "62.24.151.231"
 6) "62.24.151.228"
 7) "62.24.138.23"
 8) "62.24.151.232"
 9) "62.24.151.226"
10) "62.24.151.230"

Regards,
Marina

Thanks Marina. For clarity, can you confirm that the springboard account can only have one static IP address please. I have been doing the learning for a couple of months now and never had this problem. Maybe it is a limitation that has just been invoked ?.

Many thanks
Dave

@David_Duncan

No, this restriction has existed for a long time. Hmm, it is strange, if nothing has changed on your side, that you only encountered this problem today. I assume that something must have changed on your side. Perhaps you are using some third party service that sends requests from different servers?

Regards,
Marina

As far as I know, nothing has changed my side. Is my springboard locked now or does the IP situation reset after a while ?.

Thanks
Dave

The blocking is enabled for 24 hours. After that API will be enabled again.

Regards,
Marina

Thanks for your replies Marina. I feel that I want to do much more learning while free. If I upgrade then I guess it will make me pay more attention to my proposed project.

Thanks
Dave