SQL query returning unexpected results

Backendless Version (3.x / 5.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Online/Pro

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

Cloud Code/Data Service

Application ID

86DF97EF-A838-427E-A069-5F4DC2B95285

Expected Behavior

The following SQL query should not return rows that have related TrackingShipmentItems:
TrackingShipmentItems IS NULL AND ProcessingError != true AND created >= '2022-10-17'

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. Run the SQL query above against the TrackingShipments table
  2. Rows returned should not include any rows that have existing TrackingShipmentItems (this is a 1:n database relation column)

Actual Behavior

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

1. Run the SQL query above against the TrackingShipments table.
  2. The query returns rows that have no TrackingShipmentItems relations, but also inexplicably returns a single row that does have TrackingShipmentItems (though all others are filtered out)

Reproducible Test Case

query: TrackingShipmentItems IS NULL AND ProcessingError != true AND created >= '2022-10-17'

1 Like

Hello @Christopher_Manzi

Most likely ‘2022-10-17’ format is not supported. But it works fine with a timestamp. For 2022-10-17 it is

Regards

@viktor.liablin That does work, I removed that part of the query and it was correctly filtering out the rows created before 2022-10-17. When I removed that part of the query all of the records from before that date showed up again, but the offending row I referred to was still there.

Hi Chris,

I was able to reproduce the issue. I am not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior (it doesn’t look right to me). I created an internal ticket for the development team to investigate the issue further (BKNDLSS-31302).

Regards,
Mark

Thanks @mark-piller

Has the team discovered an issue here? We are still seeing this behavior.

hello @Christopher_Manzi

the issue is in the queue to investigate it. I have raised the priority of the ticket.

hello @Christopher_Manzi

we have investigated the issue and found inconsistency with one relation. It is hard to say what cause this inconsistency, however, we have fixed the DB and now the result is correct, please check if everything is fine from your side.

All good now, thank you!