SSL certificate invalid

Backendless Version (3.x / 6.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Cloud 99

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

REST

Application ID

86DF97EF-A838-427E-A069-5F4DC2B95285

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. We see an error in Chrome when visiting our API’s domain. It says the connection is not private and indicates the SSL certificate is invalid (NET:ERR_CERT_INVALID)
  2. We have a Zapier integration that is now broken because of the SSL error.

Hello,

Are you talking about your own subdomain or one assigned to you by Backendless?

I just checked your subdomain and this is the certificate information I see:

Regards,
Mark

The error is happening on our custom domain which has a green checkbox in Backendless for the SSL cert. Does that help?

Could you try putting that domain name in a browser and inspect the certificate settings? I just did that and Chrome shows that the certificate is valid:

Here is what I see in the browser:

We are also getting an SSL error from Zapier.

More details:

More details from Firefox. Looks like the issuer is unknown. Got a similar error in Safari as well.

The certificate in your screenshot doesn’t belong to us. It looks like your network infrastructure substituted our certificate with something else.

Interesting, is there a way I can remove the bad one that we somehow uploaded? I don’t see a way to do that in the UI but maybe I am missing it.

What we have on our servers is correct. Something between your computer and our servers injects a wrong certificate.

Could you try connecting to the domain from your phone over mobile data (without wifi)?

You are right trying over cellular did indeed work. I don’t think the Zapier integration runs through our infrastructure so I will try to figure out why that isn’t work and what is injecting that cert.