StayLoggedIn does not work if the app is killed deliberately/by force (removing the app from task manager)

Hello, I have a question regarding login persistence.
I use Backendless login using email and password to authenticate my users, with stayLoggedIn value is set to true.

However, when I remove the app from task manager, the user have to log in again.
What’s wrong guys?

It seems like your login persistence logic had some flaws/bugs/mistakes.
Firebase and Parse does this well: no matter whether they use native login using email/password or using social accounts such as Google, etc; and whether the app is closed/killed normally through user back actions/removed deliberately from task manager.

Waiting for your answer.
The previous topic here https://support.backendless.com/t/android-stayloggedin-issue/3821/2 does not satisfy me.

Hello,

When the application is relaunched, how do you verify if there is a persistent login?

Regards,
Mark

Since I can’t figure out how to do Persistent Login with Backendless correctly, I use some data of current user and store it in app cache, and will be loaded automatically on every app launch to see if a user still logged in.

I know that Backendless has isValidLogin method, but how does this method relate with this issue?

I personally think stayLoggedIn is useless by default even if we set its value to true since the login is not entirely persistent, and does not survive deliberate conditions such as removing the app by force from tasks manager. I think Backendless just store the value in some singletons that can be accessed across the app at runtime, hence not persistent.

I wonder why only yours can’t do this well, when this feature is surely must have - and must perform correctly anytime - since every user will hate to re-login each time they enter the app. Auto relogin itself is not too pretty; if a user cannot connect to internet, then the user can be assumed to be logged out, and must relogin.
There are several parts/points in the app that may require persistent login, be it online or offline.

Since I can’t figure out how to do Persistent Login with Backendless correctly, I use some data of current user and store it in app cache, and will be loaded automatically on every app launch to see if a user still logged in.

I know that Backendless has isValidLogin method, but how does this method relate with this issue?

I personally think stayLoggedIn is useless by default even if we set its value to true since the login is not entirely persistent, and does not survive deliberate conditions such as removing the app by force from tasks manager.

I wonder why only yours can’t do this well, when this feature is surely must have - and must perform correctly anytime - since every user will hate to re-login each time they enter the app. Auto relogin itself is not too pretty; if a user cannot connect to internet, then the user can be assumed to be logged out, and must relogin.

There are several parts/points in the app that may require persistent login, be it online or offline.

Pada tanggal Sel, 5 Mei 2020 00.29, Mark Piller via Backendless Support noreply@backendless.com menulis:

Backendless persistent login works perfectly. You just need to learn how to apply the information from the documentation. Many developers found it very useful. However, if you feel like it is useless, you’re entitled to your own opinion. If you need help with getting it working, let us know.