Strange Analytics numbers

I really do not understand how these requests and API calls are calculated. I have not touched my app since Wednesday, and I have unpublished it. So my understanding is that there should been 0s everywhere. And yet, I am still paying for something. Does it adjust later or what is happening here? Can I get some explanation, please?

App ID: BF07EF17-F9B5-DC25-FF43-CC3C042E7500

Hello,

The only calls made since Wednesday are the Directory Listing and File Download APIs:

I can ask our system administration team to gather the logs of where those requests come from. It will give you the IP addresses of the processed requests.

Regards,
Mark

But how can anyone access anything and make any calls if the site is not published?

Your custom domain points to the /web directory. When someone loads your domain (even a google bot), a request is sent to Backendless. That request sends back a JSON response with the directory listing, which is an API call. You can try it yourself - load your custom domain in a browser.

The directory listing response includes one file you have in the /web directory - styles.css. A smart search crawler will analyze the response and will fetch the specified file, which will result in another API call.

1 Like

Aha, ok. And is there a way how to prevent these crawlers from draining my API calls?

I would remove the DNS mapping for your custom domain pointing to Backendless. This way no request to the domain would result in an API call.