Super Scaling Problem

I’m doing some Dev work on the Springboard platform which allows for a lot of “unlimited” things, which is great!
However, I have built an IoT Device that sends 213 characters of data to a Backendless Table (REST API) once every 10 minutes only and I quickly run into a Super Scaling error:

{“code”:9070,“message”:“The API request has been rejected because it requires scaling for processing. Switch to the Cloud9 or Cloud99 plan to enable the Super Scaling option.”,“errorData”:{}}

This is a TINY amount of traffic that is being sent, every ten minutes only, yet it gets blocked. This is hardly abuse of the bandwidth? Can you please upgrade your algorithm to at least handle this scenario?
Thanks a mill.

ps: would it make a difference if I “closed” the connection after each transaction. Currently it defaults to “keep-alive”. Would that contribute to the problem?

Hello, @Tony_B.

The limit on the number of geographic locations in which the application was launched was triggered. To avoid this, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.

Best Regards, Nikita.

There is only one IoT device, one location and one IP address being used. And it is sending a tiny amount of data, once every 10 minutes only. Please have a look at your Super Scaling algorithm, there is something not right there.

No, we don’t have a problem with that. Perhaps you are using some third-party services that send requests from different servers. Or vpn with dynamic IP, which can trigger this error.

I’ve coded it myself and it sends a simple HTTPS REST API DB request directly to Backendless and receives the response. There are no other components involved.
You may not have a problem with this but as a client I am experiencing a significant problem trying to build this. Please assist with a viable solution, other than an upgrade.

Try to keep all development in one location. This should help.

Thanks.
Ok, I’m not sure what you mean? I’m the only developer working on this and the only one currently using the App.
I’m using the

1. The Backendless website to Browse Data Tables and use the REST API Console for syntax checking
  2. Building an Android App in Thunkable using the Backendless DB REST API
  3. Using the Backendless REST API with currently only 1 IoT Device.

These are all fairly simple, low volume transactions, using a legitimate and straightforward development process, so to be “black flagged” means I can no longer develop, which delays my delivery to the client, and NOR can I bill them for any hours! This is a serious challenge and is stressing me out right now.
I’m also in a “third world country” and I don’t have endless dollars in my budget right now. Our exchange rate is extortionate…

@Tony_B ,

It seems that your local internet provider constantly changes your physical internet address. Due to this system thinks that there is access from the different locations.
I checked our logs and there is an access from different addresses from one sub-network.
There is nothing what we can do on our side in this case.

To solve this problem I could suggest you to order a static IP from your internet provider.

Regards, Andriy

Hi Andriy
Thanks so much for looking deeper into this. This does make sense now…
Being in South Africa, now reduced to a “Third World Country” by the ruling ANC government, we suffer “Load Shedding”. Therefore, several times a day we are without electrical power. So everything has to switch to backup power and reboot and hence the new IP’s being allocated and connections being re-established all round.
ps: The ANC government is now producing less electricity than we were in 2008! The corruption and incompetence has no end …

ps: maybe you can add my account as an allowable “rogue” account :rofl: :man_facepalming:

@Tony_B ,

I am sorry for your situation with electricity. Unfortunately we do not have ability to add some account or application to the “exclusions”.
The only option for you is to buy static IP address from your internet provider or use some public VPN which has static IP.

Regards, Andriy

Thanks Andriy!
I will look at the options you provide and also at your suggestions on my other thread in terms of “Exporting / Synching Apps”