Swift 3, iOS10 Compatibility

Is Backendless ready for Swift 3?
My project was having issues after been converted to Swift 3 saying ‘Backendless’ was an unresolved identifier.
I could not see an issue so I created a new project with Swift 3 and iOS 10 deployment target and followed the below guide:
https://backendless.com/mobile-developers/quick-start-guide-for-ios/
Yet it still gives an unresolved identifier error when assigning Backendless.sharedInstance()
I am using the latest SDK freshly installed into a new project.
As I am in Swift I am using no bridging headers.

The library is not compatible with Swift 3 yet. You need to switch to 2.3 for now.

Regards,
Mark

About “‘Backendless’ was an unresolved identifier”: you should set bridging header file path, as described here:

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/db10bdc5ea269ff49f865531e5c74dbc.png</img>
You need to do this only once, the next update will be right.

When do you expect to release Swift 3 compatibility?

As soon as it is ready, we’re working on it now.

Awesome, do you have a rough timeline? Are we talking a couple weeks or a couple months?

Unfortunately it is not something as predictable as making a baby )) Apple has changed the runtime rules again and who knows how many gotchas are there, that’s the reason why it is hard to estimate. Should be less than a couple of months for sure.

Yeah, totally understand, thanks for the update!

Hi Chris,

I just created a sample project on Swift 3 using the latest Backendless SDK (pod ‘Backendless’ 3.0.39 release) - see in attachment. It works for me. Please, try it, how will it work for you?

If you converted your project from swift 2.2, please check if all app delegates have a right signature,
for example:

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplicationLaunchOptionsKey: Any]?) -> Bool

instead

func application(application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [NSObject: AnyObject]?) -> Bool

Regards,
Slava

TestS3UserLogin.zip (19.27MB)