Swift - Cloud 9 - Issues with max RT connection limit reached

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone may be able to help with an RT listener issue…

Problem seen:
Every time I attempt to connect to database and setup one, simple rt.listener for creaing of objects, I see the error: Connection Limit is reached!, which is returned from Backendless.shared.rt.addConnectErrorEventListener

Looking at the number of “RT service lookup” events in analytics - I can see that this is in the hundreds!

Now this is the interesting thing:
Cloned the app and schema, settings - everything.
Changed APP ID and iOS API key to access new database…

Everything is fine!

So, I think there is no issue with my code…

I have been testing (alot!) both on a physical iPhone and simulator, restarting the app instance many times.

I was thinking that perhaps there are “un-removed” listeners somewhere, tried deleting the iOS app from both physical device and simulator - did not work.

Also tried calling removeAllListeners() on the .rt instance as well - also did not work…

I’m very stuck now and any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Hello @Alex_C

Welcome to our community and thank you for trying out Backendless.

It means that someone else also using your application in the first app. Make sure you are only one who using the app.

Thanks for your reply @sergey.kuk and for the welcome.

I have to say - love the platform and the model!
I’ve moved over my development from FireStore and find that backendless (once learnt) has better functionality for my needs.

I’ve just tried switching back to the original app (the problem one) - running in the simulator and there was no RT service requests for today.

Set up a listener and had the same result (121 calls, which rose to around 400 after I took the screenshot).

Switched back to the cloned app - set up the same listener and had a good result - just 1 RT service request.

No one else has access to this app at this time.

Are you able to offer any further advice please?

Thanks very much

hello @Alex_C

we are glad to hear that you are enjoying the platform.

To investigate it we need a simple project that can reproduce the issue. We will try it on your application to understand the reason