Sync Changes unusual behavior

Hi,

I’ve used the sync changes functionality multiple times before but now, something seems to be amiss.
Firstly, when syncing from APP with ID: E655DC15-398E-A358-FFC1-1D414D006C00 to APP with ID: BBC4C8BE-6E60-4361-8559-EC9B388144C4. the LYNQ service was completely wiped out. Then, after resyncing, the LYNQ service was recreated but none of the contained endpoints were. Trying again, I now get this error:

And after proceeding, I get this response:

It’s been a while since these two applications were in sync but what would explain this behavior or is it not unexpected?

Innocent.

Hello @Innocent_Nwaukwa

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will investigate the issue and report back to you with the results. Does the error occur only when you try to synchronize LYNQ service?

Regards,
Inna

1 Like

Only the LYNQ service was wiped out completely but the push notification endpoint never seems to actually sync either.

Innocent.

One update:

Tried syncing again today after just creating an empty replica method for the LYNQ service and it synced some successfully but others failed with this message;

Just wanted to give that update.

Innocent.

Hi. We reproduced the problem. The task was created and assigned on developer. We’ll post here about the progress.

Wonderful!
Thanks for the update.

Innocent.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue; need to have the non prod environment operational in about a month potentially.

Innocent.

Hello @Innocent_Nwaukwa

We will start to work on it soon(approximately today/tomorrow).

Regards, Dima.

1 Like

Wonderful!
Thanks for the update.

Innocent.

Hi,

Wanted to check back on this.
Can I got ahead and successfully sync changes into the non-prod environment again?

I see this icon and not sure what it means exactly:

Happy Holidays,
Innocent.

Hello @Innocent_Nwaukwa

This icon has no effect on anything. It is the new default icon for your applications. You can change it.
Also, we have updated our servers with a fix for your case. Could you please check that it works for you and let us know?

Regards,
Inna

Hello @Innocent_Nwaukwa,

If you encounter any errors during synchronization, it’s likely because the servers were not copied correctly during previous syncs. So, you’ll need to first delete them from the target app and then try the synchronization again.

Regards,
Alexander

Hi,

The sync still isn’t working.
I deleted methods and attempted to sync again but a get a “Network error”.
I also get an error with Permissions syncing when syncing from ID: E655DC15-398E-A358-FFC1-1D414D006C00 to ID: BBC4C8BE-6E60-4361-8559-EC9B388144C4.

Innocent.

Hello @Innocent_Nwaukwa

I reopened the ticket. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Inna

1 Like

Hello @Innocent_Nwaukwa!

Could you please tell me if I can initiate the synchronization process in your application to ensure that everything is functioning properly?

Regards,
Alexander

Forgot to test it out but I just tried it and after initially seeing an error in syncing Table permissions, it synced successfully the second time around.

However, I will say that I have to specifically click on the External/Nearby endpoint every time I sync changes for the sync to actually be successful, otherwise it throws errors.
By that, I mean I just click on the endpoint and edit in codeless and publish the change; it’s like the change gets synced but I have to go to that specific endpoint and publish the synced change.

Is that expected behavior?

Thank You,
Innocent Nwaukwa.

Hello Innocent!

Could you please specify what the error was the first time?
(The error message can be seen in the tooltip if you hover the cursor over the exclamation mark).

Regarding the behavior you described, I’m sorry, but I didn’t quite understand what you mean.
Could you please clarify?

Regards,
Alexander