The mystery of disappearing API keys, by Agatha Christie

Application ID: 94F884D5-4BBB-FD5C-FF16-E2585A6B5300
Error UID: CEFF798C-2CA9-77A2-FFC1-0A5E635CE000

Problem description

Describe what you did in console that led to the error. Please provide a description of what actually happens. Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is. This will help us with reproducing the problem.

Steps to reproduce

Please describe steps to reproduce starting from the first action.

1. Create a new application, because you totally wanna try Flutter here!

2. Start whistling various optimistic horribly performed ‘songs’ of fortune, success and love… and stuff… because today… IS YOUR DAY… You …like… feel it and stuff and just know that everything is gonna be grand today!!!
    So why not try doing some Backendless Code creation …You click it ecstatically… and receive the following high point of the day:
    Can’t generate code: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

3. And since you’re on a roll… why not visit the App Settings? Oh look! You’re just in time for the special magical performance! Sit down and enjoy the now already televised and monetized show: “The mysterious disappearance of API keys”:

Google Photos

1. Then … it clicks! An idea! A brilliant idea!.. … Since it’s a completely new app, why not just click the “regenerate key” for every missing API key, thus recreating it and with other hand already reaching for the celebratory Dom Pérignon which you’ve been keeping for juuuuuuuust such special moments in life!!!
    Yeah…why not, before clicking, also invite a couple of friends over… Today is your day!!!
    Aaaand yep:

Google Photos

1. New optimistic ideas just keep coming in… So why not test your nerves now, by switching to another app, where you will see all the API keys functioning normal. You quickly switch back …aaaaand suddenly you’ll have all the API keys in your newly created app as well!!!

You will open the 5000$ priced champagne … Couse you earned it!!

1. Now play around the console … anywhere really, and come back to prove that you totally bypassed the problem of disappearing API Keys …

Aaaaand …yep…
    I TOTALLY NAILED IT!

:wink:

ANd this is what happens if you wanna try this:

Hi @hoornet,

We had a brief regression today where the apps were created without API keys. We will fix your app shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Mark
p.s. This is one of the best bug reports in a while! Please post more often. Wish we had a badge for this kind of reporting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile:

@mark-piller
I deleted the two new apps and created a new one and it is working perfectly now!

Thank you very much!