The plugin `backendless_sdk` uses a deprecated version of the Android embedding

The plugin backendless_sdk uses a deprecated version of the Android embedding.
To avoid unexpected runtime failures, or future build failures, try to see if this plugin supports the Android V2 embedding. Otherwise, consider removing it since a future release of Flutter will remove these deprecated APIs.
If you are plugin author, take a look at the docs for migrating the plugin to the V2 embedding: Flutter | Supporting the new Android plugins APIs.

please I need help before my trial date be expierd

Hello @islam_yassin

Welcome to the Backendless Community and thank you for taking the time to share the issue with us.
I just created an internal ticket to investigate the problem and our Flutter engineer will take a look into it as soon as possible. The ticket’s number for reference is BKNDLSS-26231

Regards, Vlad

any update ?

What do you mean?

@vladimir-upirov
Could you please extend the trial period of my project until solving this issue

this is my application ID : 458B7339-4DE9-DF15-FF02-D30CF412B900

for what?

You posted a support topic on a weekend, yet we responded and created an internal ticket. Three hours later you are asking for an update. I don’t think it is reasonable… if the issue is that urgent, you gave access to the sdk source code, all our SDKs are open source. Feel free to fix it and make a merge request.

Also, we do not have a way to extend app trial time.

Regards,
Mark

Could you please tell me which file shall I fix to solve this issue ?

Hello @islam_yassin,

The internal ticket BKNDLSS-26231 is assigned to our Flutter developer. He will check that issue as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which file or files should be fixed for Flutter as I’m not a flutter dev. But as Mark said you can feel free to investigate, fix it on your own and make a merge request.

Regards,
Olha

any update ?

Hi, @islam_yassin

The ticket has the open status. I have raised its priority. Our Flutter developer will check that issue as soon as possible. If you ask to provide a time estimate, it will be simply impossible, because each of our releases has about 30-50 improvements, new features. We will write you as soon as changes are available.

Regards,
Marina

Is this going to be a blocker for people working with Backendless and Flutter?
I had an amazingly great experience using Backendless for my Flutter mobile app, but a lot of problems using Flutter Web with Backendless. At this rate, I may have to look for another backend provider.

I had work with Backendless as a backend 4 years ago . But since few days I faced this problem and all my project work with this backend is not working now.

till now they did not solve that issue.

Faced same problem - suddenly my apps stopped working because embedding error. Problem is only in released versions, in debug all is good, so I can’t detect it earlier…

The Flutter Android Embedding v2 was anounced about 2 years ago.

Please, fix it as fast as you can. All apps just stopped to work.

1 Like

Let’s see if I understood you correctly: you had a released app where things were working well, you didn’t update anything, didn’t make any releases, same version of the sdk, same backend and things stopped working. Did I miss anything?

we can’t make any update in our applications duo to this backend

@A2_Capital, sorry, I didn’t understand anything what you’re saying. All I was doing was hoping I could narrow down the problem. Unfortunately, you’re not making it easier.

Android aps in Flutter are stopped. Crashed before start.

all you need is change your BackendlessSdkPlugin.java like this

• change implementation to FlutterPlugin and add three methods, public PdfViewerPlugin() {} and @Override
    public void onDetachedFromEngine(FlutterPluginBinding binding) {
    } can be empty, as I can see, and all initiliazation must be in

@Override
public void onAttachedToEngine(FlutterPluginBinding binding) { … }

Backendless is a complex plugin and I am not java programmer, so I can’t do it myself - stuck in MethodChannel definitions

If an app works in debug mode but crashes in production the most likely cause is the missing Proguard configuration:
https://backendless.com/docs/flutter/setup.html#proguard-configuration

No, I don’t use any code shrinkers.

Result of common testing:
Backendless SDK works well on Android in release ONLY when project is null-safe.
If project is not null safe, even when I’m using Backendless SDK 6.2.0 - it has embedding error at startup, but works in debug.
Using different versions of Flutter.

I’ll try to migrate my project into null safety…