Things now broken that were working before

Hi, I’ve been moving along at a steady pace, and then today, things that were working, stopped working.
I had some test users, and suddenly I couldn’t use them anymore. They would show up in the Users table but couldn’t be edited “no id or identity” or something like that.
I kept playing around and was able to delete one of my relations from the user and then the user could be read. But then as I tried my android app again, it started saying my backendless app couldn’t be found (or one of the tables).
So I exported my data, and then made a new app, imported the data and updated the keys and I could use my users and what not but i keep getting stuff like this
Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘com.backendless.BackendlessCollection com.klinical_studios.www.textrpg.Classes.Battles.getEnemies()’ on a null object reference
Again, it was working perfectly a little while ago.
Now, things are all messing up. The user keeps coming up null, or I go get a collection that I was able to get before and now it wont load…
Point is, things were working fine up until a couple hours ago.

Just got this one that I’ve never gotten before
Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘java.lang.Object com.backendless.BackendlessUser.getProperty(java.lang.String)’ on a null object reference
My users object was not randomly null up until a couple hours ago

Hi, Darrel!

What is your application id?
And could you please provide the stable steps we need to follow in order to get these errors?

Hey buddy!

The app ID is C0C02660-9FFA-DD21-FF36-E3F14E22B300

This is an error I am getting

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘java.lang.Object com.backendless.BackendlessUser.getProperty(java.lang.String)’ on a null object reference
at com.klinical_studios.www.textrpg.GameActivity2.onCreate(

I go to line 109 and this is the line
Object race = (Object) user.getProperty(“race”);And this is how I am setting user
user = Backendless.UserService.CurrentUser();
It’s how I’ve been doing it since I started playing with Backendless and it’s worked everyday up until yesterday.


What I can see now is that your user object is null since Backendless.UserService.CurrentUser() method returned null. It can be for example if user-token has been expired.
You can try to re-login you user.
What also strange is the name of your package - com.klinical_studios.http://www.textrpg
Does you compiler even let you name a package like that?
You can send us your code at, but as far as I can see now it is not Backendless issue. Please use some time for debugging your project.

I just tried logging into another account… I will walk around the map and then once in a battle it cant get the enemies and crashes. When I start it back it gives me the null user problem. I’ve never had this problem up until yesterday evening. Like I said, everything was fine then errors started, I spend hours trying to debug my project… O.o it’s how I got here, all with working code and now it just doesn’t work? All I did was take a break and when I sat back down I couldn’t use the user accounts I had there and these errors started. I’ll send the code too see what you think though -.-

Oh and that isn’t the package name lol… idk why but when I paste the error the browser or something adds the http -.- yea it’s just com.klinical-studios.www.textrpg

OK, Darrel.

According to our Support Policy we do not provide general debugging of users applications.
If there’s an error in Backendless Service we would be glad to fix it if you provide us a clear description of the error with stable steps to reproduce it.
The way it looks now - you get this error because Backendless.UserService.CurrentUser(); returned you a null.
Please check in your code why this happens. Use our documentation on UserService.
You can try these few lines to determine whether Backendless works fine:

    Backendless.initApp("YOUR_APP_ID", "YOUR_SECRET_KEY", "v1");
    Backendless.setUrl( "" );

    Backendless.UserService.login( "", "test" );

If Backendless.UserService.CurrentUser() returns a not null user it means the problem is not with Backendless.