Backendless Version

com.backendless:backendless:6.3.4
Cloud 9

Client SDK

Java

Application ID

7E2B6F4D-30C8-734C-FF85-4B835F84EB00

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. Calling List sessionsToProcess = Backendless.Files.listing(“sessions”, “*”, false, pageSize, offsetSessions);
  2. The call returns with a list of files

Actual Behavior

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is – instead, say “the request returns a 400 error with message XXX”. Copy and paste your logs, and include any URLs.

1. Calling List sessionsToProcess = Backendless.Files.listing(“sessions”, “*”, false, pageSize, offsetSessions);
  2. getting com.backendless.exceptions.BackendlessException: Read timed out
    Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Remarks

I suspect this might happen because there are too many files in the folder (roughly 17.000, 2.5GB). In the web UI, this takes about 10s to load. Please advise if i can speed up the call, or increase the call timeout somehow.

Hi, @Rene_Habermann

Please provide an example of your code, how do you get the directory listing?

Please, take a loot the docs below, to make sure that the request is correct: Directory Listing - Backendless SDK for Android/Java API Documentation

Regards,
Marina

Backendless.initApp(“7E2B6F4D-30C8-734C-FF85-4B835F84EB00”, “*removed”);
// timeout occurs here:
List sessionsToProcess = Backendless.Files.listing(“sessions”, “*”, false, 100, 0);
for (FileInfo file : sessionsToProcess) {
// process the file
}

Hi, @Rene_Habermann

Thanks, an internal ticket was created - BKNDLSS-28737. We are looking into the issue.

Regards, Marina

Any update on this? Is there an estimate on when that might be resolved, or get a new status? I can’t access production data, so this is a critical issue for me.