Transaction to insert more than 100 rows?

Is there a way to use transactions to insert more than 100 rows? I am processing rows from an order import excel file, combining multiple rows into an order, and inserting them into a table.

I need to know that all the rows are inserted correctly, or I can’t count the file as processed. I was hoping to do something like this but it doesn’t work -

If the 100-row limitation is unavoidable, are there any other suggestions? I have a few ideas that capture 99%+ of the failure modes but are not foolproof.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi @Tim_Jones,

In this case, it would be better to use the CSV plugin service from the marketplace.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, please let us know.

Regards,
Bohdan

The import file has a row per order item, with an order being between 1 and N rows. I am combining the data into single row per order.

Long story short, it is not a direct import.

Tim

Hello @Tim_Jones

there is no way to increase the limit in one transaction, but you can add as much operations as you need

Thanks @sergey.kuk. I understand that, but it’s (obviously) not a transaction I can roll back if there is an issue.

The database limitations (or what I feel are limitations) in Backendless are a real disappointment to an otherwise awesome platform.

Tim

Hi @Tim_Jones

Have you tried to add more operations where each saves 100 records?

Hi @vladimir-upirov,

Do you mean something like this -

yes,
and instead of the Create Object, there should be a list of objects

Right. I did that quickly without thinking about the specifics.

I have not tried that. Do you think it will work?

Tim

technically it should work