Troubles REST and console

I am having trouble connecting to the Backendless servers. The webconsole itself cannot load at all and I am receiving a timeout upon connecting to the REST API.
This have been troubling me for the entire day, where the backendless servers were very slow as well yesterday.

I am looking forward to a quick solution.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

Please let me know your APP ID for your app.

As for the console, could you check the Network tab in browser’s “developer tools” panel if you’re getting any errors?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your quick reply. My app ID is: 47A9A35C-5B91-AF6D-FF85-4FBB72A0F000.
I have attached a screenshot of the errors I am receiving.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

I was able to reproduce the problem (with console). I added myself as a developer to your app and I could not enter the console anymore. I will assign a ticket to investigate this problem to an engineer.

When did the problem started happening for you?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

That sounds troubling. The problem started today, I think somewhat before noon. Backendless have been very slow however for a while now. I think that however started on Friday.

Thanks for the quick response and please keep me updated.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

The problem has been resolved. Please give it a try and let us know.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks again for the amazing and fast service, I am up and running again.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Mark,

After a couple of sessions and debugs, unfortunately the issue seems to have returned again…

I am looking forward to another fix.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Mark,

A short update again. It seems to work, but it is sometimes very slow and not very stable as well. I hope your team can resolve this.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi, Niels.

I’ve checked for your application - looked like it is working normally. Do you still encounter timeouts? For what requests specifically? Can you show the screenshots?
Thanks!

Dear Anatolii,

I have tried the service for a while now and the problem does not occur anymore.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Niels