Trying to figure out a Figma to Locofy to React Component to Backendless workflow

Hi I’ve started to use a Figma to React UI builder plugin in called Locofy.ai

Locofy takes my Figma UI designs and then converts that into React UI code which I’m hoping to plugin to Backendless Codeless using the new Custom Component feature you guys have.

My question is this. If I have a parent component that has multiple child components, and each of those child components have their own props. If I import the parent component into Codeless will I still be able to visually see the child components and their props?

Or

Do I need to break up all my child components into their own separate custom components and then import them individually into Codeless to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @William_Lee

Building a custom component in the UIBuilder you need to specify properties/handlers/actions/settings in the components designer and then using a specific API you need to write code for the component to render it. In the design mode, we do not render custom components because we do not have an application state while building a specific page/component but there is a way to define the component preview using UIBuilder designer.
For rendering children we use our own approach that’s called ComponentPODs because in the component code, we need to know what POD we exactly render.

Regards,
Vlad