UI Builder not showing code logic properly after deleting handler logic and browser refresh

Hi team,

I deleted the logic for the on-click event of a button and UI-Builder does not represent the fact that the logic has been deleted. This issue was also there after a browser refresh. Please see the following video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AudzVeZsvYy1wRT3SF8K2adOIWf2?e=qcAjqu

Regards
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

thanks for reporting this issue.
If you delete the logic and after that click on the button, does this logic execute?

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi Stanislaw,

Just checked and the button does not execute the steps in the on-click event.

Also to note I am using Chrome. I closed all browser windows. Started MS Edge instead and it did not show the code. Started Chrome browser and is showed the code.

Do I need to clear/set a particular cache clear setting?

Thanks
Glenn

Hi Stanislaw,

I removed the following cache items in Chrome:

The on-click event code is now not showing when I looked at this event.

Regards
Glenn

Thank you for the information, it is helpful.

Do I need to clear/set a particular cache clear setting?

No need, but I see you already did, so no problem.
I’ll create an internal ticket for this issue and we’ll fix this behavior.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi @stanislaw.grin,

This may help. I think the issue with the logic not being represented properly in UI Builder is because I was having two separate browser windows open to UI Builder in Chrome at the same time…

The reason I was having two UI Builder sessions running is because I cloned a container to a “test container”. I worked in the test container to try something new so I didnt affect my original screens and logic. I made some good changes and a lot of changes to logic in the test container which I wanted to put back into my original code base container/screens. Therefore I had two UI builder windows open. I was copying UI Builder logic blocks from the test container event handlers to the original container event handlers using “Copy Tree” in the “test container” and Ctrl-V back into the “original container”.

I suspect this affected the local cache in my Chrome browser??

Opening up multiple containers/screens and copying and pasting UI Builder code/logic between containers using one browser window takes a lot of time. If it could be fixed that the cache in chrome between two separate windows could Sync better that would be good. The other option is to make it quicker in UI Builder to switch between screens and logic and containers.

Anyway that’s what I think the problem is.

Thanks
Glenn

Thank you for the additional information! This is really helpful. I’ve added this to the ticket, @vladimir-upirov will take a look into it and contact you if needed.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi @Glenn_D

I tried to reproduce the issue but without luck, perhaps it was a temp issue with the FilesSystem.
Could you please let us know if you see the issue again

Regards,
Vlad

We do not have any sync between browser tabs yet.
In our roadmap, there is a plan to improve switching between services/screens.