UI Builder pages list inconvenient

Hi,

This is to report something which is not a bug but more of an inconvenient experience within UI builder.

As I near my application’s launch, the number of pages has increased somewhat. And the list of pages has become fairly unpractical to navigate.

When I need to switch pages, I find myself loosing time - not much, but very often - trying to find the alphabetical order of my pages.

As an example, pictured here is the visual path I have to follow from left to right when looking for pages O3, O4, O5, O6, O7. The fact it goes up and down complicates things a lot.

I would personally find it much easier if they were listed vertically first and then several columns rather than shifting columns first and then creating a new line.

Just to be clear, because of the wrapping names, and because it follows the usual reading logic, this would be better:
1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6

than this:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8

It’s just a tiny UI change, with just a few seconds lost each time, but I find it happens so often in the end it matters quite a bit.

Hi @Nicolas_REMY,

Thanks for your comment and suggestion. This is valuable to us.
You’re right, it’s really inconvenient. In fact, we have plans in the near future to change how the list of pages is displayed, as well as some other improvements in terms of UX.
We are working on it.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,
Stanislaw

Sure, no problem at all. This is done in a constructive mindset so that you can enhance the (already great) interface of Backendless.

I will continue to provide feedbacks like these whenever I can. I have several of them waiting, but the hard part is taking the time to write them down !!!

All the best and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Just as an additional note : the list could be a bit longer.
On my large screen (1440px height), it is just 400px high, and I have to scroll to view all pages. It could easily go to at least half the height of the viewport, if not more.

1 Like

Thank you, @Nicolas_REMY!

I will continue to provide feedbacks like these whenever I can. I have several of them waiting, but the hard part is taking the time to write them down !!!

We will be very grateful for this! This makes our product better.

Kind Regards,
Stanislaw