Unable to Remove Column with Special Characters in Backendless Database

I am experiencing an issue with removing a problematic column in my Realms table. The column was accidentally created with special characters in its name: RealmLevels[realmsRelation]. Now when browsing the data in the table in Backendless.com the table looks empty and the Search field has a red frame and when hovering the error text: Where clause "is invalid

Issue:

• I attempted to delete the column through the Visual Modeler and Table Editor in the Backendless Console, but it either doesn’t show up in the Table Editor, or I receive the following error when trying to delete it in the Visual Modeler:

javascript

Could not parse request with message: Cannot parse path from URI: /.../console/data/tables/Realms/columns/RealmLevels[realmsRelation], status code 400
  • I also tried removing the column using cURL with a DELETE request, but I encountered the following errors:

css

{"code":8002,"message":"Could not parse request with message: , status code 404, headers DELETE /.../data/tables/Realms/columns/RealmLevels%5BrealmsRelation%5D","errorData":{}}

Steps I’ve Taken:

1. I attempted to use the REST Console in Backendless, but I encountered a JSON parse error.
  2. I tried sending a DELETE request using cURL with URL-encoded special characters (%5B and %5D), but this resulted in a 404 Not Found error.
  3. I’ve also tried to remove the column through the Visual Modeler and Table Editor, without success.

Request:

Could you please assist me in manually removing this column (RealmLevels[realmsRelation]) from my Realms table? It seems that the special characters in the column name are causing issues with the available deletion methods.

Thank you for your assistance. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Hi @Dennis_Liljedahl ,
I was able to reproduce your error in the visual database editor, could you please provide your AppID so that I can remove this column from your table.
At this point, I was able to make a curl request that will delete the table name with special characters:
“[” and “]”

:appId/console/data/tables/Users/columns/RealmLevels%5BrealmsRelation%5D

Regards,
Sergey

Alright, how do I send you my AppID without posting it here in the forum?

Check, please ,
Have you received a private message from me?

Regards,
Sergey

The column has been deleted,
please confirm that everything is working as expected.

I’ve also created an internal ticket that will fix this problem.

Regards,
Sergey

Yes, now I can see the content in the table again. Thanks!

/Dennis