Unable to zip files on Cloud 9 Plan

Hi team,

I am getting the below error; earlier I got this error on springboard plan and then shifted to Cloud 9 plan about a week ago to be able to download zip folders but it still continues to throw this error.

App Id:
35A52371-AC0F-5EA0-FF6A-B89F48AFE000
Error:
You have reached your limit. Login to Backendless Console and select Billing to add your credit card information. The credit card is required to modify the plan limits.
Please help resolve this

Regards,
Vishal

Hello @Vishal_Lodhi,

I have created an internal ticket to investigate and resolve this issue.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Any updates on this @stanislaw.grin

Hi @Vishal_Lodhi,

The ticket has an open status and is in the queue to be fixed. We are doing our best to look into the problem as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marina

Hi @Vishal_Lodhi ,

I looked closer to this problem and it seems that usage of File strage was not calculated properly. I refreshed usage counter and now it shows that your app exceeded plan limit. Before refresh usage was estimated as 1GB, now, after refresh, it stimated as 12GB while plan limit is 10GB. Zip/unzip tasks each time recalculate real filesystem usage while “plan details” page uses counter. Due to this you experienced such behavior.

I would suggest you to buy functional pack to extend limit or to remove redundand files if it is possible.

Regards, Andriy

@Andriy_Konoz earlier I was on springboard plan and had 20 GB additional functional packs added from the marketplace, even then this error came on the account. That was the reason I opted to buy the cloud9 pack. Can you please check why would that happen.
And I am unable to comprehend how can the file size grow to >12GB when I don’t even have any users on the app. Please check the usage again this seems very wrong. It can’t be more than 2 GB, I checked all the files and they seem to be taking very less space.

Hi @Vishal_Lodhi,

We had a problem with counting some files (they just weren’t included in the total file system size on the console). This was fixed some time ago. In your case, it was a consequence of incorrect behavior. Therefore, after recalculating the files in your application, it shows the actual size used.

Regards,
Marina

@Marina.Kan can you give me the breakup of the usage of file storage, and any way to check the folder level storage. Why would the storage on console be so high when the entire root directory is less than ~2 GB!

Also, earlier I was on springboard plan and had 20 GB additional functional packs added from the marketplace, which is higher than even 12 GB even then this error came on the account, I haven’t got the answer for this.

can you give me the breakup of the usage of file storage, and any way to check the folder level storage. Why would the storage on console be so high when the entire root directory is less than ~2 GB!

We have looked at this point again. The main problem is related to the ui-builder/backups/containers/default folder. This folder contains backups of your application. You need to delete them to reduce the size of the file storage. The size of this folder is about 12 GB. Also we will create a ticket to discuss this case and prevent it in the future.

Also, earlier I was on springboard plan and had 20 GB additional functional packs added from the marketplace, which is higher than even 12 GB even then this error came on the account, I haven’t got the answer for this.

We’re sorry about that. In order to find out what caused the warning and why you had it, we need to reproduce the problem. At this point, it is hard to say why you have had this behavior. Thank you for letting us know about your experience, we will look into possible causes of it.

Regards,
Marina

Thank you for helping. I am able to zip the folders now.