URL Confirmation Email not opening the "confirmation-confirmed" page

Hi the email URL confirmation link for a new user works in being able to set the USER status to ENABLED but… It doesn’t open the necessary “confirmation-confirmed” page.

here’s the following path that I copied for the “confirmation-confirmed” page from the backendless file manager.

https://backendlessappcontent.com/721AC780-A565-8D74-FF75-5158A2EB5500/1ACC265F-91F6-447B-9B59-577FFC5AAF7C/files/ui-builder/containers/system/pages/confirmation-confirmed/index.html

Here’s a screenshot of the Email confirmation template.

Here’s the URL address that is being shown on my browser when I click the email link as it returns what looks like a json error.

Here’s an extended url look once I click into the URL bar and it seems legit because of this trailing address section. “index.html?page=confirmation-confirmed”

Here’s the actual url address in text copied and pasted.

https://backendlessappcontent.com/721AC780-A565-8D74-FF75-5158A2EB5500/1ACC265F-91F6-447B-9B59-577FFC5AAF7C/files/web/system/index.html?page=confirmation-confirmed

Here’s the actual “confirmation-confirmed” page in the system directory along with the url here you can click.

My app id is 721AC780-A565-8D74-FF75-5158A2EB5500

If you want to test it just go to www.shipping.org and add a new user on the top…

Am I supposed to add a different custom path after the “{confirmation_url}” in the confirmation email template? If so which path?

Thanks!!

Hi William,

The confirmation page is a part of the system UI Builder container. By default, when an app is created in Backendless, that UI container is published into the /Root/web/system directory. However, when you publish your own UI container into the /Root/web directory, all its contents are removed, and subsequently, the pages from the published system container are gone. This results in the behavior you’re observing.

To fix this problem you should republish the system UI container into the /Root/web/system directory. To do this:

1. Navigate to UI Builder
  2. Select the system UI container
  3. Publish the container into the /Root/web/system directory.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like