User Admin Task: Import user accounts from CSV

In case it’s not part of the task to actually read the import log to check what went wrong, the provided csv file does not fulfill the Users table schema:

13	10:35:17  IMPORT_DATA  Skip importing data for table Users because missed required column/s: [blUserLocale]

Hi, @sdanieli

We have an internal ticket for this case - BKNDLSS-27334. It will be fixed shortly. Please, try to use this file for now - Users.csv (1.0 KB) We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Marina

1 Like

I’m using this updated file and still couldn’t get the users to import.

It looks like the “name” field needs to be changed to “firstName”, which is a required field when creating a User.

I also had to manually “enable” the Batman user (by clicking ‘Edit’ and changing the user status to “ENABLED”) before I could use the REST CONSOLE User Login option, which is also now an icon on the upper right side of the screen.

I’m having the same problem, but changing name to firstName didn’t fix it for me. I get the original posted Users.csv file to upload, but password column does not import, only the email and name. Using the additional file posted here just gives me an error that Name can only contain alphanumeric character or an underscore.

Hi @Michael_Milroy,

but changing name to firstName didn’t fix it for me

You don’t have to change name to firstName.

I get the original posted Users.csv file to upload, but password column does not import, only the email and name.

It does import of password column, it just not shows up during the columns mapping stage. We’ll consider showing it with disabled state.

Using the additional file posted here just gives me an error that Name can only contain alphanumeric character or an underscore.

This is because your second file name had become Users (1).csv which is not valid.

Once you imported the file, please follow the second part of the mission instructions in order to complete it.

Regards,
Stanislaw