Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

User not logged in error when testing (Need to login user - appgyver)

Hey all,

Rookie question here: I’m looking to pass details about a user from the frontend (appgyver), details such as Date of Birth, gender, which club they play for and which team they play for. These will save into the user’s table.

I’ve setup the API (screenshots below) but I’m getting a 3057 error that ‘could not find user by id or identity’.

I’ve followed the guide here to retrieve user object from user token and I’ve also tried Symmetric Dynamite’s trick on saving the user token and id from the login test to test this but still getting this error.

Screenshots of the API setup and test data below.

My app-id is C209BEBE-88E7-1122-FF98-41304F96CA00

Does anyone know what details I’m missing in my setup.
Many thanks,
Eoin

Hi Eoin,

The URL shown in the screenshots is for user registration. Do you need to register a new user?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. No, I’ve already created the user on another page and this page is to add more details to their record.

When I try this without the /register I’m getting a parse error. 8002. Hence why I thought I needed the /register.

Apologies but coding is all new to me and trying to get through the missions at the same time.

EDIT; I should have said - I’m not sure what a parse error means.

Thanks,
Eoin

Hi Eoin,

When you use /register it is an API endpoint to register/create new user accounts. If you need to update an existing user, here’s the API for that:

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for this guide Mark. I’d gone through it before, but my challenge was the user-id in the URL. How do i dynamically create this for the API call?

I’ve run the test successfully now but I used the ownerid of my test user.

So my understanding is that this API call will work for this 1 user, but how do I make it work for all the users that will sign up for the app. i.e. is there a way to dynamically complete it in the URL?

Thanks,
Eoin

Hi Eoin,

It sounds like a great question for the AppGyver team. I believe the dynamic value for the user id needs to be configured somewhere in their interface, right?

Regards,
Mark

Yes I appreciate that is outside of your scope, but thank you for your help and confirming that it does need to be dynamically generated.

Thanks,
Eoin