Users data is getting cleared from backendless

Users data in backendless is being cleared from the backendless .The user will get a temporary password via email to complete the registration process.He/She can set a new password during registration.After submitting the registration, user can login to the accounts with their new password.

But some our users are not able to login to their accounts with new password. Backendless is throwing off an error as below:

Could not register device on Backendless server: BackendlessFault{ code: ‘11033’, message: ‘The application has been blocked due to exceeding a limit.’, detail: ‘The application has been blocked due to exceeding a limit.’, extendedData: ‘{}’ }

Backendless Version (3.x / 5.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

Objective-C (v4.0.20)

Application ID

E2380C63-B49A-5F86-FF77-77B2DC8DB000

Hi Kevin,

The error you referenced indicates you’re doing device registration for push notifications. However, the description of the problem is for user login. I checked the app and I see that there were two device registrations yesterday:

I also checked if the app is blocked for exceeding any limits and it is not.

Is it possible that perhaps the app where you get the error uses a different app id perhaps?

Regards,
Mark

There is no possibility that they uses a different app id.Users have downloaded the app from AppStore and PlayStore.
User data is getting cleared only for random users. Don’t know why only some users data is removed.

Hi @Kevin_McClain!

Please, provide answers for next questions:

1. When problem is occurs, user cant login permanently or for some period?
  2. Is database user record present for users that encountered this problem?
  3. Maybe you could provide any other details related to this problem?

With regards, Andriy

Hi Kevin,

Could you please be specific and describe what specific data is being cleared? By that I mean the names of the columns where the data was cleared?

Regards,
Mark

Hi @Andriy_Konoz,

1.When problem is occurs, user cant login permanently or for some period?

When the problem occurs, user can’t login permanently.All user data except activation code(Temporary password) is cleared.So he/she has to do registration process again logging in with the temporary password.

2.Is database user record present for users that encountered this problem?

Yes.Earlier they had the user data record.User who had already completed the registration is facing this issue.

3.Maybe you could provide any other details related to this problem?

After the registration process, user data contains first name, last name, address, location coordinates etc.But for some users who had completed the registration, they are not able to login with their password that was set during the registration process.When i checked in backendless , i understood that data record of those users(including password) was cleared. That is the reason why they were not able to login with their password.

Hi Mark,

For some users, all data record except activation code and email id is cleared from backendless

Hello @Kevin_McClain

Have you tried to debug your code, and figured out when (or what api call) exactly reset users properties,
Make sure you do not override users properties in some request. I mean maybe there are the following flow

1. you register a new user, for instance {name, email, password, code, …}
  2. then you update the user with specific properties along with “null” for that missed properties (password, … etc), {name:null, email:null, password:null, code, someNewProp1, someNewProp2…}

and as result the last request clears some important properties

Would be great if you provided with us all the api requests as cURL-s

1. register user
  2. update user 1
  3. update user 2
  4. update user N
  5. and now you can that some user properties are gone

Regards, Vlad