Using custom Components adds substantially to number of requests

I suddenly discovered, while trying to find out why the app I am developing on the Free plan, creates so many requests all the time.

Turns out that because I am using several components, each of them add their own index.less call to the pages they are on.

So does the custom.less files that you have, if you try to split things up.

So I end up with 36 calls for a simple page, of which:

• 20 are .less files, half of which are from components
  • 8 are .json files, half of which are from components
  • 3 of these calls are my API calls

This is when running in preview mode, which is what I am interrested in doing here anyway since I am doing active development.

Is there a way to pack/compile these rather static files, while still being in preview mode, to drastically reduce the number of requests?

While these calls (file fetching in the preview mode) are counted, they are excluded from the daily limit calculation. If you find that is not the case, please let us know.

Regards,
Mark

It is a bit hard to know, to be honest, but I have at least been bumping into the limits now today, and I have been working only for 3-4 hours, so I was perplexed to see I reached the daily limit, that is why I started looking into this.

These are my analytics data from today:

The most relevant data would be on the API CALLS tab. What’s your app ID?

Here are the API calls tab results:

I’ll send the app ID in private chat.

I also found this…
Yikes! What happened here?

It seems like some file downloading went bananas after new year,building up to yesterday - but I am not serving up any files, and there is no login activity to match these numbers (this app is under development and only I am working/logging in/testing).

This is my entire app log for Jan 6th:

2024-01-06 10:42:35,869 | apps_details | ERROR | Error during page loading:
Error: Error loading page data, missing app Id!
2024-01-06 12:52:17,163 | SERVER_CODE | ERROR | [1050050] Error: Cannot extend object's life in cache - object does not exist
    at checkStatus (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/backendless-coderunner/node_modules/backendless-request/lib/request.js:343:9)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
2024-01-06 15:35:51,903 | apps_details | ERROR | Error during page loading:
2024-01-06 16:06:06,328 | apps_details | ERROR | Error during page loading:

Not exactly matching the abundance of activity at 0100 hours…

Do you have more detailed logs on your side, or is there some way for me to find out what happened here?

I see a similar spike on one of my other apps as well…

Hi Egil,

I asked our sys admin to get the access logs for the app so you can see where the traffic is coming from.

Mark

1 Like